We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trinidad Trip

Belfast, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Trinidad Trip

Hi,

going to Blue bay Cayo Coco in just over a week and have been looking at the trips. I would like to hear about peoples experience's of the overnight Trinidad trip, whats included for the 150 CUC, were you stayed, what you did, were in able to go out in Trinidad during the evening/night, etc

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trinidad Trip

I have been to Trinidad many times and I can reassure you it is well worth it. I have not done an over night trip through a tour operator, but I have heard that the Iberostar Grand Trinidad is often used. Nightlife is great I really recommend it. Also during the day you will walk around in town and its quite impressing its like all the clocks have stopped.

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
392 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trinidad Trip

Ditto ddcuba37 .

If you can stay in a casa it is even better. Many of the Casas in Trinidad were built in the colonial times and have been fitted with modern showers and bathrooms. Go to Cuba-Junky website and you can have one reserved.

Regards

Tim

Placentia, Canada
Level Contributor
736 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trinidad Trip

My wife and I have been to Trinidad a few times but only by car rental...but it is a wonderful place and time does stand still there

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,462 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trinidad Trip

Another option. The Topes de Collantes excursion includes a visit to Trinidad.

Along with an over night stay up in the Coffee plantation hills, you will be able to walk trails complete with a swim in natural pools amongst the water falls.

Meals included.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
601 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trinidad Trip

We are considering doing a trip from UK - booking 3 nights in Havana, 2 nights in Trinidad and 10 nights at Blau Vardadero. It is quite a bit extra to include Trinidad in the itinerary and we're wondering if it is worth it or whether to do a trip from the Blau Varadero when we are there. Can anyone advise on costs/timings if we were to do it this way.

Bearing in mind if we stayed at the Blau it is AI, to add 2 days in Trinidad it will cost us approx. extra £400 and of course that would only be on B&B basis so pondering on the value. Also if we stayed in Trinidad I presume we could do a trip perhaps to Cienfuego? Anywhere else from these places we could visit?

Thanks all in advance.

Caroline

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trinidad Trip

"... add 2 days in Trinidad it will cost us approx. extra £400..."

====================================

The bus from Varadero to Trinidad and return is less than 50 CUC. A casa is about 25 CUC. Meals are covered with 50 CUC/day. Add another 50 CUC/day for booze, taxis, admissions, etc. Throw in another 25 CUC for good measure and that's about 300 CUC in total. That's less than £200 for 2 people.

Cheers,

Terry

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trinidad Trip

How do I find out about this bus ride to Trinidad from Varadero?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trinidad Trip

Take a look at this site...

http://www.viazul.com/

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trinidad Trip

Thanks!

england
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trinidad Trip

Hi where did you drive from? How long did it take?

Ta Paul