We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools at the Melia and the Sol

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Pools at the Melia and the Sol

We are deciding which resort to stay at.. We went last summer to the Melia cayo Santa Maria and loved it.

I thought I read somewhere that the pool at the Melia isn't a walk in pool but you have to use a ladder. I've had knee injuries and would make getting in and out of the pool difficult.

Could someone let me know if either resorts have a nice walk down stairs into pool.

Thank you

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pools at the Melia and the Sol

The SCG pool is in three sections - at least one has stairs. I think the other two just had ladders.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pools at the Melia and the Sol

my husband also has knee problems and had no problem getting in and out of the pool at the SCG...they have walk down stairs. If you have problems walking to much ask for rooms: 610, 611 or 612 right by the pool and close to everything.

3. Re: Pools at the Melia and the Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:18