We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cayo Guillermo

Liverpool
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Cayo Guillermo

I am thinking of booking a trip to the Melia Cayo Guillermo in July 2013. I was reading that the hotel was close for renovations in Summer 2011 and again in 2012. Whist this could be seen as positive it could also mean that the hotel is in general poor condition. Can anyone help?

Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

yes renovations were done in summer 2011, but the 2012 closing had more to do with low bookings, thus being more cost effective for them to close entirely during low season.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

when does their low season start?

We are going May 17, was hoping the resort isn't too busy.. not fussy on the beach lounge game..my husband always loses, he gets to get up before 7 to get a lounger :)

Thanks

Charlene

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

May is low season.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
714 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

GSL025 We leave on Friday for one week I will let you know when I get back but like dduba says we should not have a problem it is low season

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

the hotel is`nt in a poor condition, as most of the rooms were refurbed the yr befor last..

it closed last may due to TC pulling out, but opened up again after a few wks..

the hotel will be on the quiet side when you go ok..

enjoy your stay..

rgds ..

Toronto
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

I will be arriving on May 24...how quiet is low season? Is everything still open?

7. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 07:19