We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

Looking at the latest reviews anyone wondering whether to book this hotel would be scratching their head.

Some good.Some bad.

We have just posted one of the positive reviews.

We have only begun this AI lark in the last three years.

Its our 4th AI after the Dona Sylvia Cavellosim Goa,the Sheraton Gambia,the Happy Life Hotel Dahab and now the Sol Cayo Guillermo.

We have enjoyed them all and would go back to any of them at the drop of a hat.

The Sol compared favourably with them all.

I would say it stood out in 4 areas.

1]The hospitality and customer service

2]The excellent range and quality of drinks

3]The beach

4]The hotel grounds which were kept immaculatly

So far the Sheraton Gambia was the one which we liked most but the others are not far behind.

anyone about to go or thiking of booking do not be put off by the negative reviews.

Prior to these AI holidays we were doing a lot of cruises.

Since going AI we have cut down on our cruises and now prefer AI.

Edited: 16 April 2013, 14:02
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

I have been ignoring the negative reviews and listening to the "regulars". My trip to Sol G is coming soon and I am excited !!

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

I'm also ignoring the negative reviews, and can't wait to go in August. I will make up my own mind so don't take too much notice of reviews, what one person likes somebody else might not!

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
532 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

CUBA06, yes you are correct when you say "what one person likes somebody else might not!" and that is so true. However, what is concerning myself and other regular visitors to the Sol Cayo Guillermo is the sudden and increasingly regular so called "first "and anonymous reviewers with comments that are so far out of kilter with other reviews from holidaymakers who were there around the same time. Very suspicious.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

Hi Carlos

Ive started a thread on the exact same thing although seems to have upset a few. Like you say some reviews just seem so out of sync with everyone else. The one I saw didnt make sense at all

Lee

cheshire
Level Contributor
591 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

well ive booked the sol now and i aint paying to change it even though im risking throwing alot of money down the drain..i will just have to see myself when i get there. What i do have to say it is that its good the management are meeting with customers staying at the resort and asking them what could be improved. This to me is a positive sign, and i hope it has a positive impact on the reviews. Lets face it no one wants to hear the hotel they are going to slated..so i hope to all those posting negative reviews that they are genuine

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
532 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

djayCheshire, Don't worry!! You haven't thrown ANY money down the drain.

Go for it and ENJOY!

CC

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

Lee

I have to agree it didn't make sense to me either and I did think to myself I wonder if its a dodgy one!!!

cheshire
Level Contributor
591 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

CC dont worry i intend to... :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

One of the comments that bemused me[or amused me] was mention of the dirty beach.

We were there around the same time and it was being cleaned regulary!

Another comment was about cold food.Apart from the breakfast scrambled eggs and buffet chips the food from the buffet was always hot!In fact I couldn't quite understand why they managed to keep everything hot except the scrambled eggs and chips.Apart from these two items the food was faultless.

Someone else complains about the state of the pavements.Well you might think I am sad but I noticed they weren't in a pristine condition but nowhere near bad enough to even make a comment.

Another person complained about beds outside the rooms waiting to be collected.There was a similar bed next door to our room when we moved in,Never thought any more about it.The bed was removed the next day.

Curiously there was a complaint about the drinks being served.

In actual fact I couldn't believe the trouble they went to making coffees,cocktails and milkshakes.I asked for a banana milk shake and they not only made it in a machine they used real bananas in it rather tan some pre mixed syrup.The lagars were excellent .always freezing cold and never flat.

Then there was a complaint about the towels.As soon as someone moans about the towels the count me out!

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would return tomorrow if we could.

Edited: 16 April 2013, 19:02
WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo.Mixed reviews!

Some people will complain about anything and everything! I'm not going expecting everything to be perfect as long as the rooms are clean, the foods good and the sun is shining I'm happy.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo