We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

The only thing stopping me from going back to SCG is the thought of being at "the back of the bus" on the flight out. Last time I did it I wanted to get off half way over the Atlantic. I'm not the best of travellers even on a good day so I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that I've never had a problem going long haul in premium class. I've seen some conflicting reports about whether its available to book outbound to Cuba or not?

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

Hi we're going to SCG in August and it was definitely available when I booked my seats a few weeks ago.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

I'm going July it is available I saw it in brochure

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

Hooray! I'll have a look tonight and get booking - Thanks!!!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,465 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

You won't be able to book outbound premium while your booking the holiday. It can only be booked afterwards, direct with the airline.

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

We booked our holiday to SCG for March next year, in our local Thomas Cook branch, we were able to book the premium service at the same time as booking the holiday, £149 return. This includes the premium service, premium seats, my seat my choice, 25 kg luggage, priority check in.

47 weeks today... Not that we are counting, ok, yes, we are! :o)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,465 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

I do wish they would make their minds up about how to book the premium service. It changes every week!! If you book online you can't book it at the same time, and you couldn't if you booked it through an agent either. The whole thing has been a complete shambles since they re introduced it.

Just for info, flights out of Manchester for next winter, are unlikely to have a premium cabin anyway, but it will tell you in the important information if you're booking online.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 14:24
Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

Things do seem to change from one week to the next, but when we booked two weeks ago, we were offered this service as soon as we were going through the holiday details and they were added at the time of booking, we didn't have to book direct with the airline, our travel agent just added this to the system. Maybe we were just lucky, but we found it quick and easy.

For some reason, there is only one flight from Gatwick next March and that is the 27th, changed from the Monday to the Thursday, strange as we always flew out on a Monday in March and they were fortnightly too. It also states that we are flying on the Airbus, this is confirmed on the printed documents.

Take care :o)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,465 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

Glad it was so straight forward for you. Gatwick flights are on the usual TC A330s. It's just Manchester that will have some that aren't.

UK
Level Contributor
450 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

I've booked premium on the return flight. I made the decision after I'd booked online.

The whole process was excruciating, online chat (189th in the queue at one point), endless expensive phone call, facebook messages. I think it's taken me about 4 hours over all.

If you're going to upgrade I'd highly recommend doing it at the time of booking with a TA.

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook premium class - do they or don't they?

can anyone confirm if the standard seats from manchester have seat back tvs. If not are hand helds available to rent. Have the prem seats got these tvs.