We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

Hi all ! I am travelling to Cuba, staying at Sol Caya Guillermo. From what I hear it is a relaxing place to go - not complaining! But I do like a good atmosphere in the night time and wondered what it was like? Are the other hotels close enough to walk to or is the entertainment good in this hotel? I also like a boogie if there are any good places for a disco :-) Any comments would be great, Thanks!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

You could try Benidorm? Or Blackpool! Serously, it has a disco and depends what time of the year you go as there are quiet times and lively ones too.

Edited: 28 May 2013, 18:44
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

I have already booked to go here ! I am looking forward to the relaxing atmosphere just wondered what there was to do at night :) I go on the 14th June !

Manchester
Level Contributor
573 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

I plan on making my own entertainment, lol. We go on the 7th until 21st, but we'll be exploring Havana when you arrive, but back on the Sunday, will listen out for a Sheffield accent!

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

The Sol is fine, not what you would call party central but its certainly isn't dead either. Make sure you book the bat cave excursion, its ace and if you do it in the first week it will give you the opportunity to do it again for week 2 ....now that is a PARTY!!! there is also the bowling alley to explore as well for some fun. The Sol has a disco anyway as well its over a small bridge around the back part of the hotel, although it never really got off the ground 100% when we were there, get a few of you together and I am sure you can make it into a blast.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,481 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

We have been in the disco at the Sol when it has been packed and going off big time!

We've also walked over to the disco at times and it has been dead. It all depends on the crowd on any given night. The entertainment team will have a good feel or what is going down at the disco.

The bowling alley at the Daiquiri is also a good night out.

The Cubanito bar gets happening at night as well.

It's all what you make it !

Salud!

cheshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

how far is the daiquari away from the sol and is it dear ?

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,481 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

Walk the beach,15 minutes or less.

Walk the road, 15 minutes or more.

Night time, take a flashlight / torch.

Salud!

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

The shows at night are great, we normally stayed for those, or stayed at the lobby bar, new addition this year and a great place to have cocktails. You can then go on to the main bar, the Cubanito, or the disco and if the disco is quiet, we often stayed up with the great guys from the entertainment team, chatting, sometimes until 3am, so it is what you make of it.

The bowling alley is fab, went several times, it cost around 3-4 Cuban Pesos, not expensive, we were lucky to get a lift in a very old, but well done up Cuban car, the ones you see in the pictures, old American style, what an experience, again, speak to people and you could do something together. We were also able to get the little road train back from the bowling alley, just ask about the times, as the last one left just as the bowling alley closed.

Happy countdown time and I am sure you will have lots of fun. :o)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

Sounds good guys, thanks! :)

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Caya Guillermo nightlife!

What ever you do if you go out in the evening pack your mozzi repellant to top up, over the bridge (water) the little blighters are out with their knives forks and paper napkins ready to feast on the next unsuspecting subject lol

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo
Recent Conversations