We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar daquari

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
388 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
iberostar daquari

Thinking of going June 2014. I understand it is undergoing rennovation at the moment. Will it be completed by then.

TIA

Jo

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar daquari

Completion times for construction in Cuba are at time unpredictable.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar daquari

The hotel is supposed to be open again this coming August. So definately open for 2014.

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar daquari

we were at the melia and had a conversation with our rep, he was saying that it is opening again in August 2013, and they will be carrying out further renovations whilst the hotel is occupied

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
388 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar daquari

Thank you all for your responses. I am just looking for a quick week to relax and chill and not do much would this be a good choice.

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar daquari

2 wks is always best from the uk, as you waste 2 whole days travelling, but if you only have a wk to spare its better than no time.... cayo guillermo is a great place to just chill !

rgds ..

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
388 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar daquari

Cubankid

We were not meant to be taking a holiday in June as we have a two week Carribean cruise booked for Octber 2014. We would not normally travel so far for just a week but I can't wait as long as October for a holiday and dislike holidaying in Europe so really was just looking for a relatively cheap relaxing break. Glad to hear this fits the bill. I just hope the hotel is OK.

Jo

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar daquari

the 3 main hotels on cayo guillermo are all much about the same, the beach is rather narrow opp the daquiri, an gets wider opp the mcg and really wide opp the scg, have a look on google earth an you`ll see what i mean..... you can walk up an down the beach no probs, as long as you dont sit on another hotels loungers........ yes i saw you were looking to cruise later in the yr, if you can squeeze another wks hol, it`ll only cost another couple of hundred quid fot the second wk !, but then you know that...... all the hotels are clean, the food is good in all of them, plenty of choice too... each hotel has lots an lots of repeat guests ( lots into double figures), who swear their hotel is the best ha ha....

rgds ..

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iberostar daquari

Jaja, so true Cubankid,

We all think our resort is the best.

But in the end, Facts is Facts!

And they don't lie!

Salud!

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberostar daquari

jotuk, if you only want 1 week, you would have to fly from Manchester. Gatwick fllights only go once a fortnight.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: iberostar daquari

Well spotted. Are there any flights from Gatwick to Cayo Coco after next April? I don't think so.

Edited: 21 July 2013, 17:44
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo