We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol cayo guillermo

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Sol cayo guillermo

Hey

Few questions if anyone can help was looking to go here in november 1st just wondering is this far/different place from cayo coco, how is the hotel in general, is there anything near by to do/ go see ?

Also i was origanly looking at tryp cayo coco and was told lennys lobster shack was a must do is this to far to do now if i go here ? Any info would be great help

Thanks vicki

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

This hotel is further away from the airport and further away from the nearest town Moron. The airport is about 40 minutes away and Moron about 1hour and half away. Cayo Coco is nearest to the airport and Lenny's lobster shack.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

Thanks dont mind so much about it bein far from airport is the beach nice there ? We are beach people so thats kind of the main thing, so would lennys be to far from sol

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

The beach is absolutely beautiful. Lenny's would probably be about 45 minutes in a taxi. If you was sharing with another couple the price would not be too bad. Maybe someone who has done it will come on and tell you the price of the taxi.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

The Tryp is known as the more lively place of the two, but I would say the Sol's beach is nicer.

November is not a popular time for party at either one

Pros and Cons for both places.

It all depends on your wants and needs. Hope you can find some "Like Minded" People there. Not that you need them to enjoy this beautiful area, but it's always nice to meet new folks.

Either way you can use both of the hotels. Ask at the front desk for a special bracelet which allows you to use each of the resorts facilities.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

Hey thanks for all the feedbAck

Could Somone tell me the facilities towels ect wot the food is like in the different places, is there a place near the beach that serves lunch also I read it is bad with sand fleas Is this true at this time or year

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

Yes, there is a restaurant very near to the beach where you can have lunch... and the evening, it is a restaurant: ''a la carte''.

I was there in march... I have done a slideshow.. if you want to have an idea of the Sol Cayo Guillermo... here is the link on YouTube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvg9n1WyQ1Q

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

Hey thanks for all the feedbAck

Could Somone tell me the facilities towels ect wot the food is like in the different places, is there a place near the beach that serves lunch also I read it is bad with sand fleas Is this true at this time or year

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

Thanks that's great ill go have a wee look at that

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

Another thing does any one kno the price to use the Internet ?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol cayo guillermo

I would say: 6 CUC for 30 minutes.