We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

I was thinking going to Cayo Largo in July 2014 instead of Varadero, but after reading information about sea water, I don't know what to think ? It seems that the sea seems less"calm" in Cayo Largo than in Cayo Guillermo sea beaches ? I like to sit down in the sea and not be trown away by big waves, so which destination is the best for a calmer relaxation in the sea ? Take a drink and spend hours in the sea is my typical kind of stay in Cuba.

Thanks,

Robert, Montréal, Québec, CANADA

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

Definitely Cayo Guillermo.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

thanks Cayo Largo 2. So many things to review to make a godd choice. By the way, which hotel should be appropriate for qaulity/price and the best beach location ? :-)))

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

Sol Cayo Guillermo has the best beach, but the best resort is the Melia Cayo Guillermo next door. The Iberostar Daiquiri will be nice when it reopens from renovations. You can't go wrong with any of these three!

http://cayoguillermocuba.net/

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

I have been to all three hotels, MCG, SCG and the Daiquiri, in my opinion the MCG is the best hotel in Cayo Guillermo.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
401 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

Just to agree with the above, we enjoyed MCG over SCG, and gravitate to the SCG beach. Look forward to getting back there soon! The beach is one of our favourites!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

Thanks alot. I have been looking for travelling agencies catalogs and the Melia Cayo Guillermo looks very nice and the beach: extra good looking as well:-))))) The beach must be GREAT and it looks FANTASTIC. As for the food, after 2 trips in Cuba, I finally learning that you won'tet the foodty of Mexican Ressorts. In 2014, I will bring alot of snacks, chips, etc. lol.

Robert, Montréal, Québec, CANADA

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

If you want calm waters, check out my photos of my grand daughter floating along with out a care in the world!

As It should be!

It is not always calm but, never a problem going into the water even when the wind is up.

8. Re: Cayo Guillermo a better destination for calm water ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:20