We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sol Cayo Guillermo compared with Sol Luna Y Mares

London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
The Sol Cayo Guillermo compared with Sol Luna Y Mares

We enjoyed our Cuban holiday in Guillermo so much we are going back but this time to the Sol Luna Y Mares Guardalavaca.

Has anyone been to these to to compare?

The SCG was slightly cheaper on the Thomas Cook website but not a lot in it.

I find the price of these Cuban holidays remarkable value for money I am surprised more people haven't cottoned on to it yet.

We went self catering in Southern Crete this summer.By the time we had paid for food and drinks it cost as much as our SCG holiday at Easter.Without the convenience of the AI facilities as well!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Sol Cayo Guillermo compared with Sol Luna Y Mares

I've been to both - SRLM in March 2011 and SCG in March 2013. Between the two, I definitely preferred the SRLM. My husband and I are beach people, and we think the SRLM had the better beach, amenities on the beach (bar, washrooms, restaurants), and we never had a problem getting beach chairs in the shade. We also liked how there are the two pools, so we could avoid the noisy games if we wanted to use the pool.

That said, we did prefer the buffet layout at the SCG - found it to be much less crowded and chaotic. My husband thought the food was better at the SCG, but I thought it was about equal (there's difference in taste for you!)

Edited: 30 September 2013, 15:49
London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Sol Cayo Guillermo compared with Sol Luna Y Mares

Thanks!

I have had a similar response on the Guardalvaca forum too.

Really looking forward to it,

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Sol Cayo Guillermo compared with Sol Luna Y Mares

Been to both as well. I prefer the SCG . Access to the beach is better. Right out the sliding doors and you are in the water. Luna Mares is a combo of two hotels and has a bit of a, up and down walk, to the beach.

You can not go wrong by booking either one of these resorts!

London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Sol Cayo Guillermo compared with Sol Luna Y Mares

Thanks.

I must admit the location and the beach itself at the SCG was second to none.

Roll on March!

5. Re: The Sol Cayo Guillermo compared with Sol Luna Y Mares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:38