We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

St.Ann's
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

We have a group of 16+ people going to Club Cojimar/Allegro February 22, 2014. The men are avid fishermen, where is the closest & best spot. Any recent updates on the reno's taking place? I have booked a bungalow, concrete or wood? and the best location? We will be bringing guitars and would like to gather at the bungalow as a group to play, are they private enough we won't bother others? And will the patio hold our group? I heard that there is karaoke at this resort, is that correct? Any and all other info or tips would be appreciated! Thank You

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

tsbs, picking a new or older bungalow is a "preference" thing. I like the older style closer to the water but they are definitely older.

The boys can go out of the resort and walk to the left where there is a bridge. Some locals hang out there and will be able to see what they use for lines , bait, etc. Or they can walk to the marina and check out prices for charter fishing. I recommend a full day package witch includes all beverages and great lobster, chicken, congris, and much more. They park at a calm area and let you jump in and snorkel for a while as well.

As far as a "singsong jam session", I'm sure you can find a place for that. You might attract more people so go for it!

Sounds like a great time, Have fun in Cuba!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

Hey there! The wooden bungalows have no sound-proofing, & tiny decks. Two people would be cozy. The concrete ones are one ground level, & you would have more space for people. This resort is rather quiet & laid back. Hope this helps!

St.Ann's
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

Great, thanks for the reply, I think I'm going to email the resort to ask for a concrete bungalow, we travel in a group often and always seem to gather at one room, with guitar players, I just don't want to disturb other guest who may not enjoy the playing and singing as much as we do LOL!!

Thank Again

St.Ann's
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

Thank You for your reply and info, we are looking forward to the trip, only 28 more sleeps!! My boys are not packing much clothing, they want to use their weight allowance on fishing gear & guitars! They do like to have fun. Are you aware if the older bungalows, closer to the water have been renovated yet, or still somewhat dated? I'm no too concerned about the room inside, I'm just hoping we will not disturb other guest who may not appreciate the musical bunch!!

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

Very considerate of you, tsbs!

That is a heck of a lot more than can be expected from some others who don't care to respect anyone else's vacation.

Depending on how full the resort is there is always a chance you can change rooms if you are not satisfied.

Hope all works out for you. Sounds like a fantastic time !

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

Deebob, if you remember Angela and hubby stayed there and I am sure she said she got up singing. So, I don't think you will have a problem. You could e mail the hotel with your requests and I am sure they would do their best for you.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

Yes, Pansypotter,

I was thinking the same thing. tsbs's group might be called up on stage!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

tbs, I am sure you will all have a blast. Please let us know how the holiday goes.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 16:08
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

The guys may want to wander over to the marina and see Choo Choo with the smaller fishing boats or Pablo with the large pontoon boat , either will take them out in the mangroves fishing , snorkeling and a little lunch and fun on Cayo Montero

LENNY

St.Ann's
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cojimar Feb 22, info on reno's, best fishing area, karaoke?

Thank You Lenny! I'm sure I won't be seeing much of the boys this trip, fishing is their life, that and music. I'm going to write down the names you gave me so I won't forget, thanks again, sounds like a great time.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo