We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Wow, I must say that out of all the times we have been to date, this was the best trip, it was just amazing, we can't wait to book and go back next year. We met some wonderful people, deebob (bob), what a lovely person you are, next time, we will have to meet dee too and also arrange that regulars get together, we will be heading back again around the same time next year, so our paths may cross again :-) Candice and Chris, another great couple, just to name a few, we were very lucky to have met you all.

We will write a review shortly, just catching up with the usual post holiday stuff, washing, work, groan, back to reality... However, please feel free to ask any questions, we will be happy to answer :o)

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
801 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Hi Tanya, glad you had a great time. How did you find the 'Manchester' experience ? How often was Carlos in the Cubinito Bar, we missed him when we visited from SCC a few weeks ago.

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

glad you enjoyed your hol`s, how was the journey up to manchester an back, compared to the journey to gatwick ??

rgds ..

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
536 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Welcome home Tanya and Mark, so glad you had THE BEST holiday. Looking forward to all your news!

CC

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Tanja,

So happy, but not surprised, that you both had another great vacation at the Sol Cayo Guillermo.

Thank you for the kind words, but you don't know me that well. lol.

Dee is ,by far, the best part of DeeBob.

That would be so fantastic to sit at the Cubanito with a group of like minded people and experience the true Bliss of Cayo Guillermo!

We probably wouldn't have to say much, just sit there , Sigh and Smile!

I agree, things are subtly better at the resort.

We Will Be Back!

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Thank you, we really had such a great time, it makes it harder and harder coming home and back to reality, but, the next trip will soon be booked and the countdown will start all over again, yippeee!

The Manchester experience was ok, we set off the day before the flight, to break up the journey, as we travelled by train, it took over 4 hours, but we sat back and relaxed, as soon as we arrived, we checked in and enjoyed the airport ground and views, my other half loves aeroplanes, so he was able to watch them take off and land, great views, if you are mad about aeroplanes! :o) We settled in and enjoyed the experience, next morning, again, no problems, when we saw the security lines, we thought we would be there for ages, but, that wasn't the case, very well structured and impressed. Flight was on time and we were in Cuba in no time, well, felt like that, as we were very excited. Would we fly from Manchester again? Oh yes :o)

We often saw Carlos from the Cubanito bar, we bumped into him the morning after we arrived and saw him at the Cubanito bar, he makes lovely mojitos, yum. :o)

deebob, lol, we thought you were a very nice person and a pleasure chatting to you, totally agree, it would be so fantastic to sit at the Cubanito, a group of us and experience the same feeling, no words needed, just a sigh and smile, bliss. :o)

Thanks CC, I will be in touch shortly, nice short week at work, so I will mail and post a review shortly. :o)

We will also be back! Can't wait!

Happy countdown time to all going soon. :o)

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Awww what a lovely message to see! I was just thinking how we had only been home a week now and it feels like a lifetime. It was SO nice meeting you and Mark, you are such an awesome couple. We feel like we've known you a lifetime, loved our chats, but sad we missed those evening drinks. Think the Cubanito will have to be the hot spot next time for us to have some drinks and chat. So did I miss DeeBob when we were there? I saw the review pop up and couldn't believe we missed them. Would love to have drinks with all the regs and some nice chats and laughs! We will likely be back around the same time next year and hope to cross paths with you again. Next time we will practice some Zumba moves too, and maybe we could give the Cubans some tips...haha, not likely, but if you saw me wash those dishes you might be surprised :) Lovely meeting you guys, and like you said the good part about coming home is knowing that you will be back and have another countdown in the future, its' the only thing that makes it a little easier on us. Besos!

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

sedgy,

Zumba would be Dee's specialty. I'll participate for all of 2 minutes, well 30 seconds, then off to the bar for a drink. lol.

Hope to see you in the future,

Cheers!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

Can't wait to have my first experience at the Sol Cayo Guillermo this coming July. After 2 years in Varadero and a winter trip in Puerto Vallarta Mexico where the sea was YURK and I can see myself on that wonderful beach and sea. A bit worry about bugs and fleas, but will bring the necessary stuff :-))))

Should book at the end of April for July :-)))) People at work have only positive comments about this resort.

Glad you have fun :-))))

Robert, Montréal, Québec, CANADA

9. Re: Back from the Sol Cayo Guillermo and missing it already!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo
Recent Conversations