We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Durham, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Heading out to SCG on 7th may with my girlfriend for 2 weeks. from Newcastle but flying from MCR.

going to propose to her in the hotel at Manchester the night before as I booked a stay over. then holiday as a surprise the next day (as long as all goes to plan!!!)

was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any trips I could look into etc or amything you could suggest. haven't been able to do much research as she would think I was up to something!!!!

wish me luck

thanks

Ross

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Hi Ross, bottleman here, glad to see romance is still alive and kicking. We will see you on the 7th for our tenth trip to our second home. There are several trips you can take depending on your preference. About a mile from SGC there is a dolphinarium and a little further you can play being James Bond driving your own speed boat. They take you out to a pontoon where you can snortle and feed some fair sized fish. On the way out they tell you not to slow down you can't turn the boat over. Be brave and on the way back you might get selected as we did to have some fun. There is also a trip into the mangroves again good fun. You can fly up to Havana for either the day or for three days which also takes in the Coco cabana show. there are also some trips to the mainland (couple of hours to get there accross the causway) which gives you sight of some of Cuba you dont get to see on the Cayos. If by chance we get chatting in the airport we can give some more info. Hope she says yes!!!! and you both have as good a time as we have had.

Durham, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Lovely thank you very much :) you will spy us. Both tattooed and young couple (24)

If she says yes, we will be the couple sat with very big smiles on.

If not. You will see my alone in the pub :)

Thanks again for the info!

Hopefully see you soon

R

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,714 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Looks like we will be on same plane or your return.

Durham, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Are you flying from Manchester like diva?

What's dates are you there? :)

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,714 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Yes we are flying from Manchester and into Coco, but not staying there.

We are on your return flight as we are there for a while.

Durham, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Well do have fun :)

Hopefully you will see a nice happy couple on your return

hull
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Spell it out on the bed with rose petals

Durham, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

I'm doing it on top of the big wheel in Manchester. Her mam is packing a holiday bag for her the day we are in Manchester and then her dad is bringing it to airport for us. Been months of careful planning. If she says no I will be one rum soaked tourist haha

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,714 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Hope the boss has okd time off work !!! :)

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to SCG on 7th May =]

Great story! Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo