We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Cayo Guillermo vs Memories Caribe

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Cayo Guillermo vs Memories Caribe

Hello,

I will be travelling with my husband & 5 year old son this summer.

In Cuba, we have stayed @ the Melia Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Largo, Paradisus Rio de Oro, Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos, Paradisus Princessa Del Mar & the Iberostar Ensenachos. We have also stayed at various 4-5 star resorts in the DR & Mexico.

I am on a bit of a tighter budget this year & am debating between the Sol Cayo Guillermo & Memories Caribe in Cayo Coco for our trip. We are a laid back family who are not expecting gourmet cuisine or extravagant accommodations.

I am leaning a bit more towards the SCG, but would love to hear from people who have visited one or both resorts prior to making my final decision. Any feedback would be much appreciated:)

Thanks!

Edited: 28 April 2014, 00:25
Mentioned in this post
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
4,927 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa
Paradisus Rio de Oro...
5,614 Reviews
Cuba
Iberostar Ensenachos
Iberostar Ensenachos
5,683 Reviews
Cuba
Memories Caribe Beach Resort
Memories Caribe Beach...
5,203 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Sol Cayo Largo
Sol Cayo Largo
4,681 Reviews
Cuba
Melia Cayo Guillermo
Melia Cayo Guillermo
4,559 Reviews
Cayo Guillermo, Cuba
Sol Cayo Guillermo
Sol Cayo Guillermo
4,188 Reviews
Cayo Guillermo, Cuba
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs Memories Caribe

The SCG is a unique and lovely little place, yes of course, there are things that people may not like about it, but there are many repeat guests, that am sure can tell you the same and that is that the SCG is special, is it the people, yes, the location, yes, the laid back and comfortable feeling you get, when you are there, yes, the feeling you are so close to the beautiful beach, spread out in beautiful grounds, the list goes on, food wise, this year was the best of all and that is down to the new head chef Angel, he is working wonders, trying out different things, the quality, the variety, making sure guests are happy, getting their opinions, there are not many hotels I have stayed at, that offers this type of service, the new hotel manager, is doing a great job too and all the little changes are adding up.

It totally depends on what you want out of your holiday, in my opinion, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Let us know what you go with and no matter what you decide, you will have a great time :o)

12. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs Memories Caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo