We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hope so!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hope so!

Just read Andy B review where he states that the beach is similar to the Maldives. Been to the Maldives and thought it was total perfection apart from the hefty price tag! Anyone else been to both to compare. Looking at the pics Cg does look beautiful but it's hard to compare without having actually been.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,583 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hope so!

Never been to the Maldives so I can't compare, however I'm sure you will be delighted with the beach at Cayo Guillermo.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hope so!

Ooh great. Must admit when I have looked at some of the pics it does put me in mind of the Maldives when you look out to sea. The jetty at the Mcg is really similar to my memories of the Maldives.

Ribchester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hope so!

Hi There

Been to Maldives 5 times and Cayo Guillermo twice. Would always stay in the Maldives twice a year if I could afford it but I can guarantee that Cayo Guillermo's beach (especially that of the Sol), to be the next best thing, at half the price! Obviously the sealife is nothing like the Maldives if you like snorkelling, but you can walk out for about 500m in pristine sands. Its a different holiday but worth it!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hope so!

Thanks Swain! Agree about the Maldives total perfection. Just a shame about the price! Looking forward to CG.

5. Re: Hope so!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo
Recent Conversations