We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Airport

Just reposting this as my question appears to have been removed although I am not sure why.

We are heading to the Sol Cayo Guillermo on Jun 21. As I'm sure it is pretty hot this time of year, I am just wondering if the airport is air conditioned or whether we should buy the VIP? Thanks.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

Your original post is still there:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g666625-i11847-k…

One or two weird things happened yesterday. I agree your other post doesn't show up on the Cayo Guillermo forum.

I do believe the departure lounge is air conditioned as well as the VIP lounge.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

Thanks for the info Bellagio. Not sure why the original one isn't showing up.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,309 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport

The main part of the airport has air con.

We were impressed by the whole set up and layout of the airport.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,258 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport

Yes the main part is air conditioned. Last time we returned home we used the VIP lounge and we would definately do it again. The air con is much better and the seats a lot more confortable plus the sandwiches and snacks and drinks are included in the price. On our return we had a long flight delay and we were able to stay in the VIP for about 5 or 6 hours, and then we had to go into the normal lounge it felt so warm and uncomfortable.

5. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 13:35
MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport

The VIP lounge is well worth the extra cost, the seating and air con are very good, the snacks and drinks are also very good, hope you have a great holiday.

we fly to cuba in December and are staying at the Melia Guilermo

7. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo
Recent Conversations