We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have we done the right thing?

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Have we done the right thing?

Hi. We have booked the Sol Cayo GUillermo for late October. However someone has told us that the weather then could be rainy and some of the facilities could be closed. Any opinions? Thanks.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,408 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have we done the right thing?

I'm sure you will be fine. You never can predict the weather and internet weather forecasts for Cuba are notoriously inaccurate as they seem to call for rain every day. If it does rain it's likely to be for a very short time, less than half an hour, and then the skies will clear and the sun will shine through.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have we done the right thing?

Thank you! Are some of the bars etc likely to be closed in October?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have we done the right thing?

It is best to contact the hotel to get an idea about the closures. As for the weather, I can't predict the weather and nobody could.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have we done the right thing?

You will still be in Hurricane season but are unlikely to experience one.

Cheers

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Have we done the right thing?

The main bars are the Lobby , Pool, Cubanito, and the Beach bar.

Highly unlikely the first 3 mentioned will be closed. I'm sure the beach bar will provide you with the essentials if the renos. are underway.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have we done the right thing?

Thanks. My friend meant closures due to it being low season. Also will I need to take a cardigan or late October evenings?

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,050 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have we done the right thing?

I always holiday in Cuba at that time.

Take a cardie .

I say that because sometimes after a day in the sun, eating in air condition rooms you can feel the chill.

8. Re: Have we done the right thing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:15