We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cayo Guillermo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Melia Cayo Guillermo

We are considering this hotel. First timers to Cuba! Does anyone think it is worth the couple of hundreds price difference to the Sol? How long does it take to walk to the Sol Beach? Can't we also use that is staying at the Melia as I believe it's the quieter one? Choosing the Melia as lots of people say the food is better. Grateful for any opinions!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

In my opinion it is worth the extra but people who go to SCG will say they prefer SCG. The Melia is a higher star rating and you have a bigger selection with food. Its only a five minute walk to get to the Sols beach. If you stay at the Melia you can go and visit the Sols, MCC and the Tryp in Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo, you can eat and drink in these hotels from 9.00am to 5.00pm. But, if you stay atthe Sol, you can't go the the Melia's because they are a higher star rating. I have been to the Melia many times and would'nt think of going anywhere else in the Cayo's. If you want anymore info, please ask.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

Thanks Pansypotter. Does the Melia ever run out of drinks of an evening. I have read somewhere that this can happen at the Sol. Are the rooms clean at the Melia and secure?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

Only thing they can run out of is mint for Mojito's, but this does not happen often. Yes the rooms are very clean and safe. I have been to a few places in Cuba and always felt safe, in fact more so than the uk. I love the MCG, the staff are second to none and everybody I have recommended have had a great holiday and always want to go back.

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

gotta agree with # 1 an 2, an they never run out of drink...........

i`ll be back there in oct for my 10th time...

rgds

Edited: 02 July 2014, 17:00
London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

Pansy potter are u familiar with locals staying there in Aug?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

When I have been there, I have seen only a few Cuban families. I would think the Melia hotels are too expensive for most. I have never been in August so maybe someone else can comment..

7. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo