We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mela Cayo Guillermo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mela Cayo Guillermo

Does anyone know if Sammy the lifeguard is still at the Melia Guillermo?

merville, b.c.
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mela Cayo Guillermo

Yes, he is still at the Melia. We became good friends with him and miss him very much.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mela Cayo Guillermo

thanks, we have already been back since I posted this and we are returning again next Friday....We hear for Sammy on a regular basis.

merville, b.c.
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mela Cayo Guillermo

Lucky you! What a special guy he is! Enjoy your trip!

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mela Cayo Guillermo

Booga's girl: would you please tell Sammy that Anna (Erick's mom) says hi?! We were at the MCG last November, I had lots of chats with him, he's a really super guy, one of the most professional lifeguards I've met in Cuba!

I told him I would give him the book I was reading, but he wasn't there the day I finished it (a Saturday) and he was off the next day (on Sunday, the day we left), and since the book is banned in Cuba (my bad, I hadn't realized it before I started to read it there!), I didn't want to leave it with his colleague.

Edited: 09 January 2015, 03:06
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mela Cayo Guillermo

I will give him your message

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mela Cayo Guillermo

Thank you!

7. Re: Mela Cayo Guillermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo