We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Just reading through RS2000's post and its replies below and getting worried. Is it not possible to book a suite or junior suite at mcg from a Canadian travel agent? We are two adults and two young kids, so we really would need to be in one room. A quick look at travel booking websites in Canada and a call to one travel agency indicate only a standard room is available in February or March next year...and of course we can't have four people in those.

Does any one know how then to book a suite? If we can't do that, then I suppose we need to look at other resorts in the area, which would be a shame as we were getting pretty excited about mcg.

Please give me hope, or I suppose a comparable resort suggestion in the Cayo Coco/Guillermo area (smaller, nice shallow beach, quiet or family friendly, decent food, suites...).

Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Dandy I suggest you contact a travel agent directly. Quite often they can get rooms that are not showing up on the internet sites

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Transat Holidays offers suites, your travel agent should have them in their system, if not, they should contact Transat to ask for the price of the suite. If a travel agent tells you they can't do that, change travel agents.

transatholidays.com/en-CA/South/Cuba/Cayo-Gu…

Edited: 22 July 2014, 01:12
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
374 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

My travel agent told me the suites are not offered to us......I checked on line for numerous dates and it was only the standard rooms

Ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Yes, I am getting the same information as Booga's girl....I'm trying with a different agent to see if it is possible but suspect we may also be booking two rooms or trying for another resort, especially if we can't get children's prices. I will post again if I find out anything new

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Booga's: Did your travel agent called Transat Holidays to ask? If the suites are on their website, it should mean that the suites are included in their contract with the MCG. They might not have pre-purchased a certain number of suites, but they have the option to make a request for a suite. Occasionally you'll see a mention "Other types of accommodations available upon request", that's usually what it means: the operator has access to other categories of rooms.

Here's another way this work: you want to book oceanview room but the tour operator has sold out its contracted allocation. The travel agent can call the tour operator to see if the operator can make a request to the resort for an additional oceaview room. If there is an oceanview room available for purchase, the resort will offer it to the operator (usually at the contracted price).

The resort can also ask an operator to release its contracted room allocation if they have a request from another operator. That happened to me once as I was about to book a resort. In the morning, lots of rooms available. In the afternoon, no more rooms available. Found out from the resort afterwards that they had asked the Canadian tour operator to release its unsold rooms so the resort could sell those rooms to an Italian operator who had requested more rooms.

In the case of suites at the MCG, the only way they are not available from Transat is if the suites are already sold out on your particular travel dates. Only way to know for sure is to ask Transat Holidays to make a request to the MCG. The process usually takes 24-48 hours.

Another option (albeit usually more expensive) is to contact the resort to ask them how much an the upgrade to a suite would cost and pay it when you arrive.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 17:04
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Or, you could ring or e mail MCG and see if they will upgrade you when you are there and what the cost will be. Its worth a try.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
374 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

the company I work has it's own travel agency CAA and yes she called Transat and Nolitours the suite is not offered by either....transat offer the elegance package which is a standard room....

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

My travel agent made a call and got us prices for both a suite, and junior suite at MCG. It can be done.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
374 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Just returned from the MCG and we were promised adjoining rooms, there idea of an adjoining room is a two rooms side by side...you need to ask for inter-connecting rooms....

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking a suite at mcg from Canada

Thanks WellOnCA for the confirmation.