We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery

Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me with ideas of how to get to Dartmoor Cemetery (Military Cemetery from WWI). I will be staying in Paris and have been able to research that I can get a train that takes just over an hour to get to Amiens, then to catch another train to Albert, however that is the closest train to the cemetery. How do i get from albert to the cemetery, which is the quickest way, what is the average cost etc.

I plan on spending a few hours at the cemetery visiting my great great cousins grave, and just want to make sure I'm not there stressing about how to get back so as not to miss the last train or the connecting train etc.

Also if anyone has been there, how easy is it to locate a particular plot? I dont want to spend too much time trying to find his.

5 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery

You should be able to find the plot number from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website www.cwgc.org

Edited: 28 March 2014, 17:21
England, United...
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery

The cemetery is at most a couple of miles from Albert so if you are fit and willing you could walk there:

ww1cemeteries.com/ww1frenchcemeteries/dartmo…

Alternatively there are several taxi firms in Albert. Here are the contact details:

somme-battlefields.com/battlefields/planning…

Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery

Thank you both!

I should have been more clear, I know his plot number I just wanted to know if it will be easy enough to locate?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery

I don't know that cemetary but I'd imagine there'd be some sort of map posted near the entrance showing plot locations.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery

Did you ever visit? I go there every year.

Reply to: Visiting Dartmoor Cemetery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albert
Recent Conversations