We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easter/april

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
easter/april

Hi can anyone advise if restaurants/bars still open in April please we are coming first time for Easter hols so be beginning of April, I know a few resorts are mainly closed until May x

Marlet Grill Barbacoa
££ - £££, Steakhouse, Mediterranean, Barbecue
Marlet Playa
££ - £££, Italian, Spanish, Mediterranean
Bar Okapi
££ - £££, Bar, European, Spanish
7 replies to this topic
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
620 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easter/april

Not sure what you have in mind when you ask are places “still” open. They will have been closed since the end of previous season i.e.closed since October-ish 2017. The next season will start almost exactly at the beginning of May - BUT Easter is special. Many restaurants in Fornells will open for the Semana Santa (Holy Week) which for 2018 will start 25 March and close again at the end of the week, remaining closed for virtually a month until the next summer season starts. As has been mentioned in the past, it’s traditional for families to get together over Semana Santa, and I’ve been in Fornells a few times over that period, and it’s quite busy with folk coming back from all over – particularly Barcelona !- to join their families. Not everywhere is open, but this year I spent the week in Fornells and had no problem finding restaurants. I particularly recommend La Palma, which operates as a sort of local pub/restaurant and was packed full on a few evenings (especially when the football was on) and we met a lot of old friends from various parts of Spain who had come over.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Fornells
Fornells
Menorca, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easter/april

As Dogdad says Semana Santa is 25th March to 1st April so your trip 4th to 13th April does not fall into that timetable.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easter/april

Thank you we would be visiing from 4th April - 13th.

We just need a few bars/restujarants to keep the kids busy. We do not need hustle and busle or lots of life jus people around haha and places o go o eat and drink.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
902 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easter/april

gsimh having read your posts and accepting the flights are booked I'd highly recommend you hire a car if you can - it will open up so much more opportunity for you at that time of year. Relying on buses and taxis out of season will be a nause. Lots will be open in residential towns and it's a fabulous island to explore with easy driving. I'm not sure if the weather will be kind and the sea will be freezing but beaches are not to be missed, nor is a drive up Monte Toro, the Es Grau nature reserve or a visit to Fornells and getting to those will be much more of a problem if relying on someone else

Mentioned in this post
Monte Toro
Monte Toro
784 Reviews
Menorca, Spain
Es Grau
Es Grau
312 Reviews
Menorca, Spain
Fornells
Fornells
Menorca, Spain
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easter/april

Thank you, unfortunetly hiring a car is not an option I would have heart attack lol. We did it once in Ibiza and I just can not deal with it- I am a worrier lol x

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: easter/april

Don't think you'll need to worry the roads will be quiet generally , and parking should be ok too.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
15,311 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: easter/april

I would not recommend a first time visitor who does not speak spanish basing themselves in Fornells without a car in April. Also, are you even sure the place you are looking at is IN the village of Fornells itself - if you are looking at somewhere in Playa de Fornells ,Playa de F is a small beach resort that is a 3km drive away from the village itself which is extremely quiet even in high season so it will be probably deader than the other resort you were first looking at.

If you will not even be driving (recommended and not scary AT ALL as it is far quieter there than in any rural area in the UK I have ever visited) I really think that you should be looking to base yourself in a town not anywhere that is a tourist urbanisation

Mentioned in this post
Fornells
Fornells
Menorca, Spain
Reply to: easter/april
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fornells
Recent Conversations