We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fornells or Playas de Fornells

cardiff
Level Contributor
126 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Fornells or Playas de Fornells

I'm a bit confused. I have booked a holiday to the Can' Digus Apartments which I thought were in Playas de Fornells. Some sites show it as in Fornells. Is this the same place? Some pictures make it look as if it's on the west side of the peninsular and on others it looks like it's on the east side. We are going to drive from the airport and have seen as least one person say it was hard to find. Even though the tourist info people provide a route map, that goes to 'Naya Fornells'. Now I'm really confused!! Where am I going??? Help.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fornells or Playas de Fornells

No, not the same place-It is in Playa den Fornells. Fornells is over the headland hill.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fornells or Playas de Fornells

Jon the Dog will be able to give a definitive answer on this as Fornells is his base but so far as I am concerned the Ca'n Digas apartments are NOT in Playa de Fornells at all but are located in the heart of Fornells villiage itself ( they are just a few metres from the harbour) . Have a look at menorca-minorca.co.uk/can_digus_apartments.h… and http://www.candigus.com/en/index.htm .

To drive there you ignore the signs to Playa De Fornells ( which would take you off to the left) completely and keep driving straight ahead until you see the harbour on your right. The road then eventually bends around to the right hugging the waters edge but where to park from there gets a bit fuzzy to me ( again Jon will help I am sure)

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fornells or Playas de Fornells

Yep Ca'n Digus is in Fornells propper - the bar and restaurant are our local. As MenReg has stated Playa Fornells is an urbanisation about 3 km outside the village on Tirant bay.

You've picked the better place by far IMO but I'm biassed. Best advantage is the range of restaurants and bars which neighbouring PdF is sadly lacking. Biggest disadvantage? Lack of a propper beach I s'pose but there's a large sundeck on the sea edge just outside C'an Digus which you can swim from, and since you have a car there are loads of beaches very nearby.

Now directions - (print this bit out and you'll be laughing) You can drive one of two ways from the airport but for a first time I'd suggest exit airport and take signs to Cuitadella as far as Es Mercadal. At Mercadal take the first turning off the main road road and keep bearing right , go past the Spar on your left and straight over the next roudabout (not literally;-) you now exit Mercadal and Fornells is 7 km away.

IGNORE THE TURNING TO PLAYA FORNELLS on your left after another 5 km, and as you approach Fornells and just before the road you are on becomes one way, turn right and you are on the seafront. Keep going past all the restaurants on your left, past the square on your left and harbour on your right untill you reach a fork. Right is no entry so keep straight ahead down a very narrow street that swings you tight 90 degrees left at the church. Now turn right and then SECOND RIGHT wich will turn you back the way you have come at the ruined castle and put you right outside C'an Digus.

You can park on the street as soon as you see the tables and chairs of the restaurant on the pavement outside the appartments.

JtheD

Edited: 19 June 2010, 16:15
cardiff
Level Contributor
126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fornells or Playas de Fornells

That is absolutely brilliant. Thanks for such detailed (but not confusing) directions. I was wondering how to find the hotel once we'd arrived, now there's not problem including the parking. Cheers Jon. I guess I should let the booking agent know that they have the wrong 'resort' on their paperwork.

5. Re: Fornells or Playas de Fornells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fornells
Recent Conversations