We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cros de mouton/ selection camping

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
cros de mouton/ selection camping

I was wondering if anyone knew of, or has stayed either of these campsites? We've never been camping before, and are looking for somewhere smallish and friendly, where there will be enough for the kids to do ( aged 6 and 7) but without it being overwhelming in size or noise. We won't actually be camping, but rather renting a mobile home/cabin. We're going right at the end of August/early september, when I know the kids club will close which is fine, but we still want there to be enough people around for the kids to make friends. Would you recommend either of these camp sites over the other, or know whether they will still be fully open at this time. From what I've seen, camping selection has the better location ( ie walking distance to the beach) but I rather like the look of the airconditoned cabins at Cros de Mouton. I'm also open to any other suggestions of places to stay in this area, such as a residence with a shared pool. Many thanks for any help.

6 replies to this topic
IRELAND
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cros de mouton/ selection camping

Hi,

I have a holiday apt in Cavalaire and I looked at the map of Cavalaire and it looks like Cross du Monton is up in the hills and you would need to drive to the beach and the other campsite is in another town called Le Crox Valmer which would be a quiet town .Not alot of people speak english in either towns, much to our disadvantage as we cant speak english, but we are learning. Cavalaire is a lovely family place.

Therese

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cros de mouton/ selection camping

We have stayed at both sites with our caravan and would thoroughly recommend both. Cros de Mouton is smaller but in a lovely setting with a nice pool and restaaurant.

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cros de mouton/ selection camping

Many thanks for both your comments. We've actually gone ahead and booked at Cros de Mouton, so it's great to hear from someone who's stayed there.

Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: cros de mouton/ selection camping

We stayed at selection camping last year(our second time). We are a mature couple but there were lots of children on site all seemed happy. Good pool good bar/restaurant/shop/entertainment. Local beach ok but cavalaire and chigaro very good, We have booked cros mouton this year(camping) looked good to us!

Thundersley, Essex
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cros de mouton/ selection camping

just seen your posting, so a bit late, but by now i'm sure you have been & come back! but just to add for any one else thinking of Cros du mouton, we go every year, book the same mobile home around mid August.

This year the camp site has been upgraded with new mobile homes which were fantastic, very clean & with air conditioning!!!! the view from our home is breath taking, as its up in the hills you get an unbeleivable vista directly down to the ocean.

The site would not be suitable for every body as its very hilly in parts, so enquire when you book.

the staff are very friendly & helpful with english speaking staff, the swimming pool although fairly small isn't generally over crowded with beds availible even at the height of the season, the restaurant's food is generally good, and again the view is breath taking.

Cavalaire is a very clean lively town with a great selection of shops, bars & restaurants, beaches are plentiyful with St Tropez a 10 min drive away.

after 7 or 8 years i was wanting to try somewhere else, but when it came to the crunch, guess where we hav already booked up for again next year? yep you got it, my wife & son say its our home from home.

just one negative that has nothing to do with Cros du mouton, France..... its bloody expensive!!!!!!!

Grayshott, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cros de mouton/ selection camping

Just got back from staying a week in the Cros De Mouton, Cavalaire-Sur-Mer. It was a very enjoyable experience. The port of Cavelaire-Sur-Mer is very pleasant and nowhere near as hectic as Saint Tropez up the the road. We enjoyed stunning views from the campsite. The pool is a little small but during the quiet times of day we had it all to ourselves ... The real bonus is the free Wi-Fi which we made full use of !

A fantastic panoramic view can be enjoyed from the hilltop restaurant ... that's if you have enough Euros to fork out for the A La Carte menu which doesn't come cheap for a family of 5 ... The one thing we really appreciated, and this is very important - the help we received from the staff was excellent !!! On one occasion during our stay I managed to bend the key to my car roof box. I went to reception in a panic to ask if anything could be done. The campsite boss was very helpful indeed and offered to help me straighten the key in his vice. Luckily we managed - problem solved. Above all I'd rate the site 8/10.

Reply to: cros de mouton/ selection camping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cavalaire-Sur-Mer