We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

Finally been able to go onmy dream holiday to Barbados for the first time and celebrate my 40th birthday with my three children and husband. Read all the reviews and both look fabulous but cant choose between the two. Any advice from any past guests would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any advice on a ground floor or high floor, standard or deluxe .....Many thanks.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

MrsBB where are you :)

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
868 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

We are staying here in Blue Orchid right now. The hotel is the same as Coral Mist, they can put you in either one. The hotel is in a great location, spotlessly clean and as everything you need.

go for either one, you will not be disappointed.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

Thanks! Thinking of a 2 bed at blue orchard but not sure of a standard or deluxe, I think the deluxe are on the ground so not sure which would have the better ocean views. So excited already!

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
868 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

Either one will be fine, we are on the first floor with lovely ocean views.

just to let you know the weather is glorious too.

You also get free Wi-Fi in room and free safes in reception. Which is brilliant.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

I would not stay in a ground floor room at Coral Mist because the rooms open out on to the main walkway across the ocean front of the hotel. That means that your patio and table are not private, as you have people walking between the patio doors to your room and the area where your patio table and chairs are placed . That being said there are (I think) 2 ground floor rooms closest to the lobby that open out onto a grassy area and are technically not ocean front.

I have stayed in the two bedroom units at Blue Orchids and the one bedroom superior unit at Blue Orchids. I liked the 2 bedroom unit as it had separate bathrooms for each room. I stay now in the one bedroom deluxe at Blue Orchids in a main floor unit with a nice patio that has its own 2 loungers that stay on the porch.

I prefer the pool at Blue Orchids because it has more shaded area to sit than the pool area at Coral Mist.

Guests of both hotels can use any of the amenities of one or the other. The business/computer centre is at Coral Mist but available freely to Blue Orchid patrons.

The restaurant, though in the Coral Mist side of the buildings,is open to both hotels, though it is not a particularly good place to eat and as recently as February past was still experiencing problems with its menu and food.

The hotels share a lobby area...when you are dropped off you enter the building and go right to the desk at Blue Orchids and left to Coral Mist. I believe the hotels are owned by two members of a family but room reservations and billing are done separately.

The beach is public as are all beaches in Barbados and though Coral Mist is the hotel classified as beach front, the attendant treats Blue Orchid patrons with the same service re chairs and umbrellas.

I have no idea what the rooms on the upper floors look like at Coral Mist but they do seem to have quite large balconies.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

We always stay at Coral Mist but like Mrs BB says there is not really much difference. We like CM as it has the beach view rather than the gardens and ocean view. I would also choose an upstairs room as the view from the balconies is amazing! The rooms have everything you will need.

Last year my daughters were upgraded to the penthouse as they had a problem with the shower. It has a lounge as well as the bedroom and a bigger kitchen. It also has 2 balconies. It was lovely to have the extra room. We have booked it this year!

I really don't think you can go wrong with either CM or BO.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

I agree with everything that Mrs BB has said . I have stayed at Blue Orchids 3 times and always on the top floor which gives a lovely view over the gardens and out to sea.

Although Coral Mist overlooks the beach, it is only a minute away to walk there from Blue Orchids. I wouldn't want a ground floor room at Coral Mist because of the privacy issues that Mrs BB mentioned.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

Thank you all for your advice and wise words. Blue orchards top floor and can not wait :) roll on 40! As this is our first time to Barbados any other advice warmly welcomed. Thinking along the lines of boat trips and local kid friendly eateries.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

You are close to a lot of great eateries Champers is almost your next door neighbor, MoJos across the street, Tiki Bar down the street, Blakey's on the boardwalk is about a 15 minute walk away

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Struggling to decide between Coral Mist and Blue Orchards ..

KimUW...I have private messaged you some info

Get answers to your questions about Worthing