We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Base for 3-4 nights in Western Sicily in mid October?

Maryland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Base for 3-4 nights in Western Sicily in mid October?

After 2 nights in Siracusa/Ortygia and 1 night in Agrigento we want a charming B & B or agritourism spot to use as a base for seeing Selinunte, Segesta, Erice, and Monreale before flying out of Palermo. We do not need a pool, beach, or hotel services, but would love views, typical Sicilian decor and great food. Suggestions? Something like Cara Talia with fewer steps?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,880 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Base for 3-4 nights in Western Sicily in mid October?

Welcome to Siicly adelaideMaryland!

Monreale is best visited by bus from Palermo.

Great breakfasts, but not dinner, beautiful villa, lovely garden, very distant views of the Selinunte ruins, lovely pool, friendly and enthusiastic owners, check Villa Sogno – Only an hour from Palermo’s airport on the A29 north from Selinunte.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g665937-d660429…

There are many restaurants in the area.....

Vagabonda

Edited: 10 September 2010, 00:58
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Base for 3-4 nights in Western Sicily in mid October?

You have got to stay at Casa Ruffino in Balestrate. The warmth from Giuseppe and Paola will make you never want to leave this B&B. It is a great base, and we used it to go to all the places you have on your list.

www.casaruffino.it

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,880 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Base for 3-4 nights in Western Sicily in mid October?

Casa Ruffino may be delightful, but you could always do better than the town of Balestrate – There are so many more beautiful and charming towns in Sicily, especially for first-time visitors.

Balestrate has an acceptable beach, but the town offers few amenities for tourists and the area is depressed.

Balestrate just doesn’t have the right “feel” for me. There are many places in Sicily that touch and tug at my heart, not Balestrate – There are many better choices for a holiday.

Balestrate:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k2761…

Balestrate General Information:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1020805-i15006-k3…

Balestrate help please!!:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187890-i418-k3477…

Trip report Cefalu and Balestrate 23th-30th of May 09:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k2848…

Vagabonda

4. Re: Base for 3-4 nights in Western Sicily in mid October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Mazara del Vallo