We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PA Trip Report

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
PA Trip Report

We just got back from a glorious 4 days in Punta Allen. We stayed with Michael at Casa de Ascension and enjoyed it immensely. My husband fished 3 of the days and caught many bonefish in his first attempts - Michael's guide is excellent. It was also fun to be a part of the town in a small way. Michael is available to change dollars into pesos for the local people. It's hard to understand not bringing pesos for tips to a small town with no bank. The food Michael and Tonio served us was always delicious - we highly recommend staying there. The beach is only 2 blocks away, but I mostly used the hammock on the deck!

The road is not too bad. In fact it is pretty decent from the arch across the bridge and also the last 14 or so km nearest PA. In between it has some rough stretches. We had no trouble in our little Nissan, but it was completely dry. There were a few deeper washouts that could be difficult if it were wet.

I hope everyone enjoys their trips to Punta Allen as much as we did.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PA Trip Report

Thanks for posting a report! Would love to get down there one of these trips, and even further south too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PA Trip Report

I drove to Punta Allen in a tiny little rental a few hours after a major rainstorm. That was quite the ride. We returned the car the color of mud. They didn't say a word.

3. Re: PA Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Punta Allen
Recent Conversations