We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islands for single girls in late 20s?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Islands for single girls in late 20s?

We're planning to spend NYE on Jost Van Dyke (BVI)and would like to check out a few other islands on this trip. We're flying from NYC and will have about 2 weeks in total ending on Jost & St Thomas.

I'm wondering if you can help us figure out which islands would suit our needs best. We are single girls in our late 20s and travel as cheaply as possible. We would like to choose some islands that have at least some nightlife and other single people. I have nothing against couples, but we don't want to spend 2 weeks being surrounded by honeymooners and families. :)

I've already been to St John (stayed with friends and loved it) and St Thomas (didn't love) as well as Puerto Rico (ok, but don't need to go again yet).

I would prefer to visit islands that have some culture and are not just full of concrete jungles...something that doesn't feel like it can be placed anywhere in the world hopefully has at least a couple somewhat budget places to stay (aabout $70 for both of us per night).

I heard Dominica may fit our needs, but not sure if it has any nightlife and single travelers. St Maarten also sounds interesting because of the two cultures and flights from the US, but not sure if it's too built up and not charming at all. If we go to St Maarten, we're thinking of doing a day trip to Anguilla. What about Kitt's? Is there any way to get there by ferry and not an expensive flight? Any other recommendations?

Thanks so much!

1. Re: Islands for single girls in late 20s?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 09:06
Get answers to your questions about Portsmouth
Recent Conversations