We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tempreture of water in Finikounda?

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
tempreture of water in Finikounda?

How is the water temp. in Fini. Travelling with infant and child and prefer warm waters...any feedback on Sun George apartments/hotel in Fini?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tempreture of water in Finikounda?

Although I go down to Finikounda at least once a week during the summer, I have only been in the sea there a few times. The water was never cold on those occasions. As it's on the end of the peninsular it may be cooler after some high winds as the waves can get quite high & bring the colder water into the bay. It should soon be back to a nice temperature though.

Just around the headland at the west of Finikounda there is a long stretch of beach, finding the place where the water shelves gently is usually the warmest.

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tempreture of water in Finikounda?

Thank you Yiasas I sent you a personal message to ask you the same question but did not hear back from you. Good to hear. No one else ever mentioned "freezing" water.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tempreture of water in Finikounda?

Sorry about the pm Zoenic, I had connection problems on & off for a few weeks, I heard from someone else that they sent me some emails I didn't get. I think (hope!) all has settled down now & back to normal!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tempreture of water in Finikounda?

How would one define water temperature? Only when comparable to ?? Geographically, Finikounda faces the open sea, so temp wise, waters should be cooler than the Messiniakos Gulf, which is renowned for its warm waters. Personally I expected the waters of the Kyparissiakos Gulf to be chilly, but water temp was vrey pleasant. It really depends on the time of the year, and the relative water currents. Finikounda is a popular destination for families with young children thanks to its great beach, don't worry,

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tempreture of water in Finikounda?

We are going in August. So good to hear.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tempreture of water in Finikounda?

Hi Zoe,

Noticed an earlier post on another thread asking about accom with pools in Fini. Did you get sorted? If you didn't, I've booked to the Panorama apartments which have 2 pools. I've pasted below the details

www.touristorama.com/entryInfo.php…

www.gto.gr/eng/accomm/hotel/detail.php…

I've put the two links as they have slightly different pictures.

I've e-mailed the owner a couple of times asking about requesting specific rooms (we wanted a quiet one) and they've been fab and very prompt. Very impressed and can't wait to go!

7. Re: tempreture of water in Finikounda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Finikounda
Recent Conversations