We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick vs Shangri La?

sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick vs Shangri La?

Hi there, Just wanting some opinions on which is the better of these two resorts?

Thanks!

Lucy

melbourne
Level Contributor
256 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick vs Shangri La?

hi, I have only been the the Fijian resort, not the Warwick. I suspect that there is not that much difference between the two. It is worth you using the search facility on this forum as there have been similar posts in the past.

Fijian

advantages:

- closer to Nadi airport (so this means less transfer time and possibly the weather might be slightly less rainy due to the Warwick being closer to Suva)

- 9 holf golf course

- because the resort is very large and has a large choice of organised activities

- there is a white sand beach (in a lagoon area) where you can swim on all tides

- the kids club is well organised

disadvantages:

- the food at the Fijian could not be described as great (I have been told that there is a really nice restuarant at Warwick called Wicked Walu's)

- Meal cost. Most meal deals that you can get with the Fijian is just breakfast included in the room rate (the Warwick seems to offer an all inclusive meal price )

Good luck with your choice. Both resorts would cater well for families.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,753 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick vs Shangri La?

Personally I am not a fan of the mainland at all but I would go for the Warrick. Better beach, white sand, good kids club and a lot of people keep going back. I like smaller resorts. Crusoes might be worth a look.

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick vs Shangri La?

Hi ho lululaquti and welcome to the fiji forum.

Well im a Warwick lover and we always stay there, go to the Warwick reviews and you can get alot of information, good and bad.We love it there because they are so very friendly and it has lovely clear water and nice white beaches.I could go on but if you read up on it you can work out if it will suit you and your family.

We havent stayed at the Shangri La as we are not into big resorts..they are more into the family side of things and because there is just the two of us [ daughter now 21 ] we want the quiet side of a resort.

No matter where you stay you will have a ball as the Fijians are the most beautiful people.Read up on both resorts and you get honest feedback that may help you.

Cheers....Warwick

Unanderra
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick vs Shangri La?

Haven't been to the Fijian, but have friends who have and they highly recommend it. Have been to the Warwick, not a huge fan. Our room smelt musty, the pool temps were warm, not good when its hot and you want to cool off, the service wasnt the best, they have a roped off area for swimming at the beach. We went to the Naviti from the Warwick and had a ball, much friendlier, service was great.

5. Re: Warwick vs Shangri La?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2008, 12:31
6. Re: Warwick vs Shangri La?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 12:19