We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

we just got back from InterContinental Fiji a few days ago after our 4 nights stay. we enjoyed our stay/trip very much.

but please be aware with the bill charge. when we book the room, we did through email with Lusiana from the reservations sales agent (not through any website). our package supposes include a FJD$250 hotel credit, which can be used in any resort facilities during our stay (i still have the booking email, and i can recall i signed the $250 credit when we checked-in). but it did not appear anywhere on the bill when we checked-out. i didnt notice it until we got to Nadi airport, so i phoned them. a lady told us something about the 'flow rate' ? so the price showing on the bill has automatically deducted from the rate. i replied to the her - whats on the bill is what we singed for at the restaurants/bars and spa, nothing has been reduce at all. eg, spa treatments $430 (showing on the bill), we signed $430 at the spa, therefore nothing has been taken away. she said she would look into it and phone or email me back.

so far after 5 days, no reply nor anything from them. does anyone know what i should do if they keep ignoring me?

thanks in advance

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

Suggest you try ringing their international call centre on

0800 151 303

Let us know what happens as there are many of us expecting to go there shortly (including me).

But glad you enjoyed your trip, but no one likes to be ripped off!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

I am sure it will work out...it is the InterContinental after all!

Please tell us about your trip, the hotel, food, service, spa, etc. Did you do any diving? Any suggestions on exchanging money, other suggestions on things to do or places to go?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

ill try to give IC a call as its a big chain hotel.

the hotel is very very new, staff were friendly. we stayed at the beachfront suite, very large and nice. steps away from the beach.

i have to say the food were just 'ok'. we pre-paid our breakfast $30 each, good food. some people may be board of resort's food quickly. navo serve the fine dinning. we loved their crayfish, yumm. if you can, bring some snacks with you, even drinks (both alcohol and non-alcohol). there are ice machine outside every unit of the rooms.

for the spa, very nice staff, we both enjoyed!! some people may find it a little pricey. we had a 90 minute body massage, cost $215 p/p. other options available, but quite limited. international price through. by the way, if its a sunny day, you can ask the spa people that you want an outdoor spa.

there is a diving pool right next to the infinite pool, we didnt do any diving. some out door activities available through out the day.

the beach is beautiful, unfortunately we visit the day after the big stome, heaps seaweed turned up every morning, there are staff clean them daily.

we brought FJD$300 cash with us. we didnt use it until the check-out day. we pay part cash and the rest of the bill with the credit card.

we stayed at the resort the entire time, but there are concierge (24 hrs) can help you out if you want to book any day trip or activities outside the hotel.

when you get to your room, there is a in-room dictionary, read it, it will help you heaps!!

please ask more questions if you would like to know more. thanks

Wantirna Victoria
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

What block did you stay in and what was the view like from the room. I am staying in Block 11 in a beachfront room in January

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

Hi again zqsn

Your comments are very useful to those of us who are soon to visit. Could I suggest that you post a review on the tripadvisor site for the hotel so that it will be there permanently and not disappear. Some of the reviews appear too good to be true so it will be good to get some really balanced ones there. This is the link.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g667476-d141290…

Let us know how you get on with your refund, especially if you need more help.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

i didnt know you can request a room number. we stayed at the block 12 downstairs, the closest to the infinty pool. block 12 ( and i belived block 13 as well) are the closest to the infinty pool, at night time there is a light will light up, so you can see the beach and a little bit of the sea, other beach areas are dark (facing the sea view). the light does not afftect anything at all. the view is beautiful from our room, block 11 should see about the same view as block 12.

i'll wtie up a trip review as soon as i can.

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

Hi again zqsn

I have sent you a Private Message which may help you to sort things out quicker.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

cheers nzlilibet, just emailed her, hope my third email will get an respond. cheers

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

my problem is 50% solved, the manger has got back to me very quickly after i sent her the email. she said she will refund me the FJD$250 back to my credit card. finger crossed. cheers

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bill charge at InterContinental Fiji (be aware)

That sounds good. But I'm sure you'll be like me and not relax until you see that refund on your credit card statement.

Let us know what happens!