We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hideaway or Naviti?

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hideaway or Naviti?

Planning our third trip to Fiji in May 2010. We are taking our teenagers for a week and then spending another week by ourselves at Navini Island (well thats the plan). The last two trips we stayed at the Naviti and have no problems with that resort at all. Know what to expect etc. But for a change I thought we might try the Hideaway. How do the two compare bearing in mind we will be taking a 16yo and an 18yo. I know the islands are far more beautiful etc. and I agree totaly but for the first week we want someting with activities for the kids (particularly the 16yo and something where we can get an all inclusive package - drinks as well if possible). Comments and advice please!

Thanks

Monti

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hideaway or Naviti?

Hi

We stayed at the Hideaway in October 07 and really loved it(see my review) We only had a 8 year old with us but there were plenty of teenagers there with their families and they were having a ball. There is a surf break there if they are into surfing and they do have a meal package option. The food is the best I have had in Fiji.The Franjipani bures have a nice outdoor shower and I think you can fit in 2 adults plus 2 single beds.

We have stayed at Naviti but it was such a long time ago so a bit unfair if I compare. I know that the Naviti has nicer pools. Hideaway has one pool which is ok and the snorkeling is quite good.The staff are amazing at the Hideaway but then again all Fijians are!The resort is starting to look a bit tired but I hear they will be doing an upgrade soon.

I am sure wherever you choose you will have a great holiday. Good Luck!

Regards Tracy

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hideaway or Naviti?

I've stayed at the Hideaway aobut 6-7 times now. Just for comparision I went to the Naviti last year. I definately think the Hideaway is much better. Its smaller so more personal, the staff are the best I've ever met and its closer to Sigatoka for day trips. I found the food at the Naviti very expensive whereas the Hideaway was good and a good range of options that change daily.

There is a nightly entertainment show which the staff put on - a real hoot and this is followed by a "disco". Your teenagers will enjoy happy hour at the bat - even if they don't drink...fun quizzes/games and everyone participates.

Tegs

3. Re: Hideaway or Naviti?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 07:20