We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virgin

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
virgin

Later this year , we are travelling to fiji and have been told the coral coast is great with 3 teenage kids . Is this a good place for the family holiday ?

And can anyone recommend a hotel / resort with a joining rooms or 2 rooms .

And what type of activities are there to do and what kind of sights is there to see

thanx

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
347 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: virgin

I'm no expert but I'm sure you'll get stacks of information here. I have only ever stayed at the Shangri- La Fijian which is a 45minute drive from Nadi airport. They have a kid's club but I guess it depends on how old your teenagers are!! :D There are plenty of other activities to do there also. As I don't have teenagers though you may need another resort aimed to your age group :)

You can book tours form the resort and we are looking at the Sigatoka River Safari for our September trip.

http://www.sigatokariver.com/

Well, that's about the extent of my Fiji knowledge but I'm sure someone will be along very soon with all the answers for you :)

Travel safe

Kel <3

Mentioned in this post
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Shangri-La's Fijian...
3,796 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Sigatoka River Safari
Sigatoka River Safari
1,291 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,823 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: virgin

Re activities the Zipline is a must for teenagers, check out Zipline Fiji website.

River Safari pretty tame for teens but the Caves Tour is fun. Jet boating is another thing you can do. Have a look at Hideaway Resort for Accomadtion.

White Water rafting or jet skiing aailable too. The tour desk at our hotel will have all the ifo and can book these for you.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Fiji Hideaway Resort...
1,526 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: virgin

Hello

Coral coast is a fabulous spot but with so much available with accommodation I really need to ask what your budget is?

You can get a A frame self contained cottege right on the beach with Tubakula Bungalows. They have a upstairs bedroom with 3 beds and a downstairs bedroom with a double bed.

Or you can rent a small house at Maui Bay called Sunset Sunrise holiday home. I now book there and you can find them on travel maxia website. I love renting that place because your transfers are included and the rental car is included also so its fantastic if you have teenagers and need to get around and see things.

The beauty of staying in cheaper accommodation is you can still visit the resorts and use their facilities. Out of courtesy buy drinks or a meal and then you can stay all day really. You are not stuck in one resorts, you have the benefits of visiting a different resort each day if you wish.

I have also previously done a report on whats to do in the area that is affordable and fun. Here is the link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3378…

Let me know if you need any further information :-)

sydney
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: virgin

There is a number of resorts on the coral coast. The shangrilah, Hideaway resort, Naviti Resort & Warwick just to name a few. Most have adjoining rooms and offer a discount price on second rooms for kids.

There is a huge range of activities on the Coral coast. Thebirchadventurer has posted a list of activities. Hopefully she will see this post and reply. She is a wealth of knowledge of activities.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Fiji Hideaway Resort...
1,526 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
2,071 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
The Warwick Fiji
The Warwick Fiji
2,926 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
406 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: virgin

Hi ... a couple of weeks ago I posted a forum called "Fiji fun for teenagers" as we are travelling as 2 families in Sept from Brisbane with 4 teenagers (18, 16, 15 & 14 : only 1 girl). I received some great feedback so if you can find this forum please read all the information.

Hope this helps ... we can't wait to get there!

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
347 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: virgin

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3415…

That is Dotfamily's topic :)

7. Re: virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 05:19