We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

Sydney
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

Hi there, can anyone tell me if they have stayed at both the Warwick Resort & Spa and the Shangri-La. If so, which is the better hotel for myself, Husband and 14 yr old daughter? Thanks so much

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

Hello

Have only stayed at the Warwick and visited Shangri la.

Tell us more about yourself and what you desire in a holiday resort so we can be can advise on which is better suited :-)

Sydney
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

Thanks for your reply. We are looking for a resort which caters for both adults and teenagers with plenty to do in the way of activities, water sports and one that also caters for me (relaxing, massages etc).

I like the sound of the all inclusive meals with the Warwick as this would save quite a lot of money, however a lot of the reviews are saying that the buffet style meals are not all that good.

Appreciate your help, cheers Nicky

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

I have only ever been to the Shangri La and not the Warwick.

The Shangri La is a very big resort that is very family friendly. They have two pools the kids are allowed in and one adults only. I have heard that the beach and snorkelling is better than at the Warwick.

They have a 'Kids Stay Free' programme which entitles up to two children less than 17 years of age to stay in a room free of charge, using the existing bedding.

I have copies of the menus, beverage menu, activities price list and map of the resort if you would like a copy. Just send me your email in a personal message and I will send them to you. We had the meals package which was all meals which included a Full Buffet Breakfast, $25FJD Lunch Credit, and a $65FJD Dinner credit.

Also here is the link to my review on the Shangri La:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g612493-d…

We had a really good time at the Shangri La, but found that it was not the resort for us, to big and busy. Next year we will be returning to Mana Island. Maybe you should consider an island resort, much nicer beaches, clearer water and fanstatic snorkelling.

Nola :)

Level Contributor
385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

Don't be alarmed with the buffet reviews at the Warwick coz in all the other restaurants (seafood, Italian or Japanese), you get an a la carte All Inclusive menu which has great selections to choose from. 3 course meal :)

If you still have doubts, email them to send you the menu to have a look at.

All Inclusive, you'll definitely not go wrong as you save $$$$ and knowing you don't have to worry about paying a huge bill at check-out for food & beverage - - costs an arm and a leg at resorts.

Can't fault the location for sure and the ever smiling staff too. BULA ....

Have fun!!

laj
Brisbane Aust
Level Contributor
376 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

Can't help you with the Warwick.... but my 15 year old daughter can't wait to go back to the Fijian. She was in kids club last time and is eager to join the teen activities this time.

We didn't have the meal plan last time and wished we had.. all booked this time. It will be nice. She's looking forward to being able to spend her lunch credit all by herself whereever she wants. The food was nice enough. We enjoyed it. Maybe that's because I was grateful to not be cooking and cleaning. :)

6. Re: Warwick Resort & Spa or Shangri-La

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 06:17