We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Intercontinental

Atkinson, NH, USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Intercontinental

We are staying 4 nights at Intercontinental Natadola on Sept 1. This is our first trip to Fiji and we would like to take day trips. Interested in snorkeling, islands, sand dunes. I have a 16 year old son also with me and my husband. Any recommendations? Also, is it better to hire a driver or rent a car?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

There are lots of day trips to be done from Intercontinental and the selection will be large from the tour desk at the hotel.

I have recommended some things to do that are not far from the hotel

Here is the link.

Hope this helps you

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3378…

I recommend hiring a car so you can get more out of your day. Easy to find you way around Fiji

Have fun

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

It's pretty easy to drive in Fiji. There aren't too many cars on the road and the road rules are the same as Australia. There is only 1 major road so it is easy to find most attractions, and lots of friendly locals to ask for directions if you do get lost. You should never drive at night though because there are not many street lights and lots of wandering animals that you could hit (plus drunk drivers).

Atkinson, NH, USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

Thank you so much for all the information.

Atkinson, NH, USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

Thanks for that. Since we are not used to driving on the left, I think we will skip the driving.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

Islanda, had to laugh at your response. True not many cars, same road rules. Would be great if anyone obeyed them. This October we are going to hire a car and drive, but will watch out for all the drivers who never learnt the road rules lolol. But it is very true, you can't get lost. :)

Can't wait for October to be here.

Mari

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

Hi Sue,

I agree with Mari, I had a giggle too, as you are from the US, so different side of the road for driving for you than us in Australia. And there's a few big potholes on the roads too. I suggest you have a look at the reports from "Real Travellers" on the right hand side of the screen at the opening page to the Fiji Forums, which gives lots of info on transport including taxi's etc. Thebirchadventure has great info for the Coral Coast.

Have a great holiday.

7. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 05:35
8. Re: Day trips from Intercontinental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 05:16