We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall tours

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfall tours

Staying at Hideaway in April, who's been on nay of these trips. What can you tell me about it...I've heard you can go up on horseback?

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfall tours

Have a look at this very comprehensive thread in the FAQ's. Should answer all your questions :)

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294331-i883-Fi…

Geelong
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfall tours

We've done the waterfall tour twice, once walking and once on horseback. It a great day and well worth it. We did the tour with The Wild Boar. You can find then on Facebook.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfall tours

Hi Tez for some reason that link doesn't work for me?

Nic which is the better way in your opinion? I tried to find The Wild Boar on FB today but couldn't. We're not going until April but I like to get organised with what we're wanting to do when we get there (as well as relax).

Cheers

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterfall tours

I just checked it too, it goes back to the current forum page

try this

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3378…

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterfall tours

Did that work? It's listed in the FAQ's on the front page of the Fiji forum luv2t.

Geelong
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterfall tours

We enjoyed both. Walking was nice as you cross the river several times and it is refreshing. Riding you are lead by villages you still cross the rivers. I think we enjoyed the riding more. My daughter enjoyed it more on the horse. I will look up Boro's phone number and email and you can contact the Wild Boar direct. They picked us up from our hotel and took us there, they offer a village tour and Lovo lunch. You will need to pay the village a fee, but it is small. We took toys, school supplies and clothes for the village, they were so appreciative. If you do take things for the village they need supplies for the older children as well, such as calculators (they don't mind 2nd hand), highlighters.... But everything is appreciated. Let me know if u would like to know anything else or you can PM me.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterfall tours

Thanks LTB & Tez...it worked that time :)

Nic how far approx would the walk be? Sure my 13 yr old daughter would love the horse ride but I had such a horrible experience when we did what sounds like a similar tour (but in Vanuatu) that I'm reluctant to get back on a horse...lol but would love to see the waterfalls.

I guess by booking directly all the money goes to the village which is the important thing. If you could PM me the info that would be great. We plan on taking supplies with us (as we've done the past 2 trips) but staying ta the Hideaway so I'm not sure where we will give the supplies to.

Thanks....

Geelong
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterfall tours

Hi luv2travel2009, I have sent a private message with details for you. If your daughter wanted to ride you could walk along side with her. The Fijian guides will also be walking.

Good luck and feel free to message any other questions. Happy to help.

Nic

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waterfall tours

I have tried to find them on facebook - no luck yet. I put in the wild boar and couldn't find it under that. I am interested to find out how long the walk is, and with the heat in January - is it difficult? thanks

Geelong
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waterfall tours

Try TheWildBoarFiji -all one word. I did sent a message too.

Nic