We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

Just heard about the Fiji Departure Tax..Is it F100 OR F150?

We booked our flight directly online with Air Pacific as were quoted much more by Flight Centre. Was afraid the flights would be gone if I waited to compare fares etc

Booked hotel through Flight Centre...The rep didn't mention this tax...

Do our fares include this tax or is this something we need to cough up next week?

Also is there some other Tourist Service Tax here now or what?

It's all a bit confusing...Help needed.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

Yes the departure tax has gone up from F$100 to F$150, in the budget delivered in November.

The departure tax is included in your airfare. That's why the return flight is more than the flight over, you'll notice that on the AP website when booking fares

And yes there is a new Tourist Tax, but that should also be included in the accommodation price, and the cost of tours.

LTB

Brisbane
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

Thanks so much for the info..

Cheers

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

All taxes are included in the price for flights and accommodation. I have mostly found that booking online to be the cheapest way. Don't forget your travel insurance.

Level Contributor
402 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

What used to be termed the Hotel Turnover Tax (HTT) for all hotels/ resorts etc is now called Service Turnover Tax (STT) in which not only hotels are enforcing this but also all services such as day tours, rental etc that is related to tourism will have this additional 5% tax effective from 01 Jan 12.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

Thanks for that info. I booked the flights online and the accommodation through an agent as I got a better price than what I had found online.

My travel insurance is through my credit card. I wouldn't travel without adequate travel insurance..not worth it if especially traveling overseas. The insurance policy is very comprehensive and the annual fee is still less than purchasing separate policies each time we travel overseas...works for us!

Glad to know the departure tax is included as part of our flights...

6. Re: How much is the Fiji Departure Tax now ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2013, 10:26