We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reno's at Shangri-La??

Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Reno's at Shangri-La??

Hi, we are looking to head to the COral Coast in a few weeks and are thinking of booking the Shangri-La but have read on here that major renovations are being done. Can anyone let me know if this is correct?? and if so HOW major??

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Coral Coast
Coral Coast
Viti Levu, Fiji
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

Have a look at recent reviews. They were renovating half the resort last year with completion expected by April 2012. They may have started on the other half. PM some people who have stayed recently to get updated info.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

Apparently they have deferred the renovations until much later this year or even early next year. This came from contact in Sales/Marketing but to be doubly sure send them an email to inquire.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

I am sure I read a review recently and they said the Bilo Bar was closed plus lagoon terrace was now a pizza restaurant and there were tarps in use. I agree, I would PM a few people who have recently posted reviews.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

Have just returned from Shangri la and we were happy with everything. The blue tarp that was on the roof at the very end wing of ocean view block (i believe) was a result of the cyclone. We were told before going that renovations were being delayed and we didn't see any sign of workmen renovating. The lagoon restaurant has pizzas and a menu. All restaurants were open except the Coral Cafe although I heard it reopened just after we left.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

Thanks for the update ff - great to hear recent updates :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

Thanks for the update! We are off in 4 weeks :) Cannot wait!!!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

I've just received an email from S'La reception confirming no renovations are taking place.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

Fantastic as we are heading there in a few weeks..............can't wait :-)

9. Re: Reno's at Shangri-La??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Coral Coast