We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches coral coast

Horsham, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Beaches coral coast

Could someone tell me what resorts along the coral coast would have the best beach to swim in.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches coral coast

Most beaches along the Coral Coast are good for swimming... I've been to many resorts along the Coral Coast & of all the resorts I've been to I would definitely say Maui Palms has the best beach (clearest water and best snorkelling)... The Pearl & Uprising beaches aren't great compared to others...

Horsham, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches coral coast

Ok thank you I have never heard of this resort, I thought you might have mentioned, the outrigger, intercontinetal spa resort, or shangri la, will have a look at Maui palms.

Christina

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches coral coast

I haven't been to the Outrigger, so can't comment... The Intercontinental is a beautiful resort! Very much 5*, but the beach wasn't great when I stayed there, the water was very murky. The resort has closed the dive/snorkel centre due to the water being so bad... Shangri-La is an ok resort, very run down & over priced for what you get (in my opinion), the beach was good for swimming, but not great for snorkeling... I guess it depends what you're after... The above resorts are all very popular/crowded resorts with lots of kids... Maui Palms is a small private 4 bure resort so very quiet & relaxing. It also has more of a family feel than just 'one of the crowd' feel... But again, most resorts on the Coral Coast have beaches good enough for swimming

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches coral coast

....Definitely recommend the Warwick for popular/kid friendly resort with a very nice beach

Edited: 18 June 2013, 01:00
Horsham, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches coral coast

Thank you for all your info

Kind regards

Christina

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches coral coast

for me- definitely at the Hideaway. Lovely beach

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches coral coast

None of the beaches on the coral coast are that good and can’t hold a candle to the beaches we have in Australia if you want the postcard beaches you see in the broachers you have to go to the islands. The beaches on the coral coast except for a few are coarse sand or coral and it depends on the tides how good they are for swimming don’t get me wrong I’m not saying don’t go to the Coral Coast it is one of my favorite areas of Fiji it’s just don’t expect perfect beaches

Dave

8. Re: Beaches coral coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:16