We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

Hi I am travelling to Fiji at the end of July and have a ten year old and a ten month old and will be travelling alone. I am just wondering whether I will make the 730am bus to the resort if my flight arrives at 620am ?

Thanks.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

These time frames are very tight - even if your flight lands exactly at 6.20am. Presumably you're catching the 7.30am bus (Coral Sun) from the airport to the Coral Coast area ? You don't advise exactly where you are staying or 'what' bus you're booked on.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

we were there recently and arrived on the new Fiji Airways wide body around 4.30 and it took over an hour to get through immigration and customs, then another half an hour to change money as the ATM wasn't working. Very very painful! However, they did have an express immigration desk for transfers and vips so you could always try that if you are pushing it for time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
386 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

I think you will be pushing it... If you sit at the front of the plane you will be likely to get off the plane quicker and get to the front of the passport control line (the express line is for visa holders, but if you ask they may let you line up there, not sure)... If its a full flight you may be waiting a while for your luggage... If your luggage is one of the last to come off & you have something to declare you will then be at the end of the customs line, which can take a while... I have caught the shuttle a few times and most times they have asked for my flight number when booking... Maybe they wait for these flights (even if that means running a bit late), I'm not sure... I would email the bus company and ask if they feel this would be enough time or if they wait for customers flights... If you're flying Fiji Airways odds are your flight will be delayed in which case I would say you have no where near enough time :)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,733 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

Depends on whether any other flight come in at the same times as yours. We usually clear immigration and customs in about 1/2 hour to 40 mins. The coaches are pretty well scheduled to the airline arrivals. If your flight is delayed you may have to look at alternative transport or a later coach.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 05:18
Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

Thankyou for your advice I have decided that it will be easier and less stressful to pay more and book a TTF car to take us to the Outrigger where we are staying. Travelling with two children on my own is hard enough without the worry.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,733 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

Good idea you will all be more comfortable and you won't have to rush..

Edited: 22 July 2013, 07:49
7. Re: Clearing customs and making the 730am bus.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 06:21