We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick with 9mth Old

Australia, melbourne
Level Contributor
299 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick with 9mth Old

Hi all,

I've had a look through past post, but can't find an answer to my specific question, plus this is out first time travelling with a little one.

We are staying at the Warwick in about a month with my 9month old. I plan to pack nappies and the essentials for the first few days. I'm then hoping to get any top up supplies (nappies, baby food etc) at the warwick itself (I know the Hilton Fiji had a little store on site) or close by.

Are either an option?

We also plan to pack light, no pram or car seat. We really just want to relax around the resort and possibly do a tour if we get bored with relaxing. Am I going to regret not packing a pram?

If we also decided to go walking (I'll pack a baby carrier) is there much around the Warwick?

Thanks in advance!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick with 9mth Old

Hi - Warwick has a store on site that sells nappies & baby food etc (well they were selling these items in April so I'm assuming they are still selling them now)... Not many choices in brands, so if you or your child prefer a certain brand of nappy or food then I would bring it with you or email Warwick to see if they stock your preferred brand... I don't think a pram is needed if you plan on relaxing, but I would definitely bring the baby carrier... You will not find a taxi with a car seat as there is no law on car seats/booster seats here, so if this bothers you then you should bring one with you. The locals travel in taxi holding their baby in their arms, this is only frowned upon by the tourists :) ... There isn't too much around the Warwick, the Warwick is surrounded by villages so it does make a nice walk down the main road passing by the villages. The locals are very friendly so you will find many will be happy to have a chat along the way.... Restaurants, shops etc are a short taxi ride away... Enjoy your holiday, the Warwick is my favourite mainland resort! :)

Wamberal, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick with 9mth Old

Hi. I would take a pram personally. Just if your little one needs a sleep you aren't confined to your room. They can be asleep in the pram beside the pool or while you are having dinner.

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick with 9mth Old

Nappies will be no problem. There is a few local shops where you can buy these too which is much cheaper than the resort. DEFINITELY take the pram (or at least some sort of stroller). It's HOT in Fiji and I'm sure both you and bubby will get very hot, bothered and sticky in the baby carrier! Also agree with previous poster that you can just relax by the pool if bubby is sleeping and won't have to head back to your room. The airlines won't charge you for taking a fold up stroller either so definitely worth taking one.

Hope you have a great trip.

Claire :)

4. Re: Warwick with 9mth Old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:18