We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

Hi, can anyone tell me how much the Warwick charged for paying final bill by cc? i.e. what was the surcharge? Also, how much do they "take" upon check-in. I need to make sure I have enough available as staying at three different resorts on our honeymoon and also how long did it take to be credited back? Thanks!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

I would contact the resorts in question directly and ask them to clarify. Its been a few yrs since I was at the Warwick and I cant remember their procedures. It may be on their website too?

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

We have just finished a 7 night stay at the Warwick. There was a 3% surcharge for paying by credit card - the resort is cashless so you have to charge everything to your room and pay at the end of your stay. They took $700 upon check in - I believe it was $100 for each night.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

thanks Manajane! How long did it take for the refund?

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

Sorry just realised I never replied to your other question. If you haven't already been on your holiday then this is what happened for us. We just had the $700 deducted from our final bill and paid the difference so I'm not sure how long it would take to refund it.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

Hi Yes this is a good question When we stayed in Vanuatu the resort was great and they allowed us to use up the extra Vatu $ we had left to settle the bill and pay the rest on our card

I have emailed the Warwick to ask them : Can you please tell me your procedures ?

I understand the resort is cashless so you have to charge everything to your room and pay at the end of your stay.

Do you have a surcharge fee?

Can you please tell me if I can use my ANZ travel card ?

At the end of our stay , if we have FIJI dollars left can we use that as well as paying the balance on our card?

Ill post the reply if you like we are going in early August

Edited: 16 July 2014, 07:33
6. Re: Warwick - CC surcharge and imprint upon check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:17