We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ornos vs Platys Gialos

NJ
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Ornos vs Platys Gialos

We're 2 mature couples going to Mykonos in late September. Want to spend a couple of hours on the beach, swim and have a casual lunch. Ormos seems to be prettier but read somewhere that it could be windy. Platys Gialos has a nice restaurant but looks like it's packed with lounge chairs (which to me is a negative). Also which one is easier to get to from Mykonos town? Please help me decide.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ornos vs Platys Gialos

They both have scores of lounge chairs and they're both easy to get to from Mykonos Town on short bus or taxi rides. The both have good restaurants, as well, though Platis Gialos has more better places to dine -- in fact, the TripAdvisor ratings show that the top 3 restaurants on the island are at Platis Gialos.

I personally prefer Platis Gialos. One of the main reasons I like it more is that it's short walking distance from three other beaches, so if it turns out not to be your cup of tea, you can walk on and check out another beach (like little Agia Anna, where beachside Nikolas Taverna serves up some of the best home-cooked Greek cuisine on the island).

There's dozens of photos of both beaches on my Flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/mygreecetravelblog/

Edited: 23 August 2013, 02:42
Mykonos, Greece
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ornos vs Platys Gialos

Both beaches are considered ''family beaches'' i have worked in Platis Gialos in 2012 also, i would probably choose Platis Gialos as well.

NJ
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ornos vs Platys Gialos

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Courtenay, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ornos vs Platys Gialos

Hello, my husband and I are travelling to Mykonos June 12-21, 2014. I was 'stuck' on wanting to go to Ornos because I was there 19 yrs ago!! and loved it. However, after reading these posts, I would like to try Platys Gialos for the variety of other smaller beaches around. NOW I have a big question: Can we get reasonable (i.e. cheap but clean) accommodations easier on Platys Gialos?? I have been researching only Ornos, and it is difficult to find much there in our budget. Thank you for your thoughts.

5. Re: Ornos vs Platys Gialos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Ornos
Recent Conversations