We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bars safe walking from evason.

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Local bars safe walking from evason.

You know when you just want to get out of resort for an hour or two? Absolutely nothing wrong with service at evason but would be nice to wander out for a bit of local flavour. Any ideas of local bar, shop, maybe 7/11 a safe walking distance from resort?

Thanks.

Stornoway, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local bars safe walking from evason.

I'm also going there in June and would also like to know any info.

Regards mrs T

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local bars safe walking from evason.

There are plenty of bars/restaurants within walking distance from the Evason, however they tend to be quiet low key places. The Windy Bar is very close, Sea Star restaurant close to the side entrance. Further on the beach front towards Kao Kalok is the Good View, Very Good, and Imsuk restaurants. Kao Kalok itself is probably a 5 minute taxi ride or perhaps half an hour walk or so. There you will find numerous bars and restaurants that are a bit livelier. There's Fajitas , @Smile (I think it's name was) and many other bar/restaurants some of which are on the beach front. The wife and I have always found it safe walking around these areas even at night, however as is the case for almost anywhere in the world these days the usual precautions would be sensible. Nearly forgot I think there is a 7/11 on the outskirts of Pak Nam Pran which is probably a 20 minute walk away. There are couple of other local shops closer by that are fine for cold drinks etc. Enjoy your stays!

Edited: 24 March 2013, 13:07
cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local bars safe walking from evason.

Thanks for that info tafer2, I am back in freezing uk now but this will be helpful for others going to evason. I didn't mention in my post but I was travelling solo at the time (and female) so although I did walk along to "good view" bar I tagged behind a group I recognised from the hotel on way back. Can't be too careful.

4. Re: Local bars safe walking from evason.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2016, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Pranburi