We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from the mactan resort to the pier

Columbus
10 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from the mactan resort to the pier

I would like to take my sisters and mom to a Bohol day tour. I am planning to take the day tour package through the pier. Since our resort (Shangri-la’s) is far away from the pier and we need to go to the pier really early in the morning and get back to the pier pretty late…it seems like hard to take a taxi.

Should I rent a car just for transportation from the Shangri-la’s to the pier for the round trip?

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from the mactan resort to the pier

Hello,

The pier is about 30 to 40 minutes away from Shangri La. Getting a taxi will be no problem as you might think. Main thing is to allow yourself a extra 30 minutes or so for extra time. Very good advice for anything you want to do here in PI. Most of the time they are taxi waiting just outside the main entrance, but early in the morning they might not. Best thing to do is allow yourself some extra time and walk to the road, and ask the guard at the front gate to call you a meter taxi.. He will do so, and it will not take as long as if you just wait for one to come by.. The fare will be P 250 to 300... That is what is should be.

If you do not mind the higher charge, and do not want to deal with walking to the entrance, you can use the hotel taxi.. Not sure exactly the charge, but it will be more, maybe even double.. But the hotel offers hotel taxi also..

For me, I would allow 30 to 45 minutes extra time, walk to the front gate, and ask the guard, or even ask some of the locals by standers to get you a taxi.. They should be plenty there to help. ( Not as many early in the morning, but still should be some. If not then you have the guards for sure.) They will be happy to help for a TIP you will give them for getting the taxi for you. P 20 to 50 is what I give, according to the change in which i have.

You will have not problem when returning late in the evening. Taxi are very available at the peir. You might have to walk out to the main road, again because the ones at the pier will want such a higher fee.. Only problem with walking to the road is lots of children hang in that area, and are watching for tourist to come to the road. You will surely have lots of little hands out and maybe lots around you wanting a handout.. I would suggest trying to deal with someone at the pier, so you do not have to walk to the street and deal with the children and possible touts.. Again P 250 to 300 is a fair amount. But i am sure they will want to barter for more..

Remember here in PI, at every tourist transport spot, they are always lots of people around who are wanting to help you, walk with you, carry your bags, get you taxi, or what ever you might need. Of course they do this is hopes for a Tip..

Hope this helps out...

Columbus
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from the mactan resort to the pier

Wow.. I cannot wait to go back to Cebu. I really appreciate your tips and advise. Thanks again for taking tims to answer the question.

3. Re: Transportation from the mactan resort to the pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 05:17