We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in september

Which Mactan Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
weather in september

what will the weather be like on mactan/Cebu in September?!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,703 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in september

If I had the answer to this or owned a crystal ball Id be a very rich man! No-one can tell you.

Read this for some idea:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294261-s208/Cebu-Isl…

Tommo

melbourne
Level Contributor
842 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in september

hot

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,840 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in september

I avoid Mactan island if i can but I have been in Cebu City for many Septembers.

You can get a typhoon, it can pour down with rain, sometimes seemingly for a couple of days. You may get days without any rain.

But the most common weather pattern in Cebu City in September is rain for a short time each day and fine for the rest of the day.

Never ever trust a boat to get you to a plane on time, as boats will be cancelled in rough weather. Boats such as the fast ferries travelling between Cebu City and Tagbilaran Bohol or the bangka boats (outriggers) travelling between Maya and Malapascua Island. If you have a plane to catch, try and be in Metro Cebu on the night before the flight.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in september

Generally rainy, with a few spells of bright sunshine interspersed with a typhoon or two.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 03:07
philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in september

I love the way our weather bureau always give a general statement. For normal days, they would say:

Partly cloudy with a chance for isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms.

Duhhh, isn't it that even on a sunny day, there are clouds? And isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms? Catch all?

6. Re: weather in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 15:15