We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

Hello Dear Trip Advisors,

We're a family with two small children. We need a place with an outdoor space the children can run around in.

So we're going to be in Costa del Sol from 20-31 Oct. and have looked around a great deal and:

1. we first liked then shelved Nerja over some issues that might be baseless so it's still an option

2. then we looked at Almunecar and Salobrena and well things were looking good

3. but then we found a nice place in Torre del Mar that we are pretty happy with. It's just a 10 min walk to the beach and we don't want to wait much/any longer to book it.

An issue with the first three places was finding that perfect apartment to stay.

With this being our first trip to Costa del Sol would anyone be so kind as to help us decide.

We'll keep looking!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

Hi there

I am confused as to why you don't just book the place that you like in Torre Del Mar? If it has everything that you need for yourselves and the little ones then book it before it goes :)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,460 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

Agree with MKB, just book Torre del mar, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Check the reviews section to see if the place is listed there and for any recommendations for where to eat etc. I've not stayed in Torre Del Mar but have heard that its a good place for families.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

We like Torre del Mar very much.

Lovely long, clean beaches / promenade (beaches are dark sand as are all other nearby resorts) stretching several kilometres.

Excellent choice of restaurants and Tapas Bars - especially for seafood (one of the last working fishing ports in the area is at Caleta de Velez on the eastern edge of TDM); food and drink prices are considerably cheaper than in Nerja and other better known resorts.

Frequent / cheap bus service along the coast and into Malaga with limited access inland where the scenery is stunning www.alsa.es

Good market in the town centre every Thursday. Torre has a real Spanish working town feel to the place rather than just a holiday resort.

Have I talked you into staying at Torre del Mar? If so I am sure that you will have an excellent holiday.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 06:51
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,460 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

You've certainly convinced me Campolady.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

I've spent the day in Torre del Mar on various occasions and always had a great time, as Campolady says, it's a great base with great beaches and lovely restaurants.

Enjoy!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

I feel a TA coach trip coming on.... ;-)

DINAS POWYS
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

Hi

We are currently staying in Torre del Mar, it is our 2nd stay over past 2yrs.

Before that we have stayed a few times at Nerja and Torrox.

Each has their own plus points. Nerja is very picturesque with better beaches, but the prices of food and drink

Much more expensive. You can visit on a local bus for the cost of just over 3 euros

However there is more to see in torre del mar, such as a water park ( if it is open when you visit )

A shopping mall that has burger king, cinema and shops ( the mall is called El Ingenio ) also a long promenade to walk along with many cafes, bars resturants etc.. At good prices

Torre del mar is mainly Spanish seaside town with very little English being spoken.

However we would choose to this area over nerja or Torrox

Hope this helps

Dublin Eire
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

I have been looking at tdm and it sounds great. How much is a taxi into Nerja. Thanks for the info,

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

Don't know about taxi but bus is €1.77 each way !

10. Re: Anyone want to talk us into staying in Torre del Mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2017, 05:16