We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mastercard and Euros

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Mastercard and Euros

Hi again everyone,

Been and changed over our euros today and have put half on a mastercard and half in euros - but then had the dreaded thought - is there an ATM or mastercard accepted. I know it is in most places but just be my luck that I won't check and will be charged a bomb.

Thanks in advance and apologies for such a daft question.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mastercard and Euros

" mastercard accepted"

Most places accept Master and Visa Cards, no worries.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mastercard and Euros

That's brilliant. Saves carrying all of the cash around and feel safer with cards.

Thank you

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mastercard and Euros

The only place where you may need cash are some market stalls or ski buses (for paying single tickets). Everywhere else cards will be accepted - even for minor purchases of under 1 euro. ATM is at Holiday Club Saariselkä.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 21:06
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mastercard and Euros

Lovely, am glad can pay on the card. I will look out for the ATM machine if needed. Thanks

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mastercard and Euros

The only cases I use cash are ice cream and vegetables at the market, For everything else there's plastic, I use MasterCard daily. Just remember your PIN code!

6. Re: Mastercard and Euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 05:16