We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Resort if not part of a package tour.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Resort if not part of a package tour.

We will be staying is Saariselka independently over Christmas 2013.

We have to see Santa and I am unsure from the website what exactly a trip to Santa resort includes if not part of a tour company excursion. Is it simply a meeting with the man himself or are there any sort of activities included?

We have also been looking at the Kiilopaa Fell Centre who have Gala meal on Xmas eve which the big guy attends. Has anyone stayed here or spent a day for the activities? I love the look of the place but my partner wants to be nearer Saariselka so will take persuading!

Thanks for any help.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Resort if not part of a package tour.

Did you check the description page of the visit to the Santa's Resort? saariselka.com/individual/…santas-resort . This activity is only available on Tuesdays and Fridays. I believe you can book a table for the Christmas Eve dinner in Kiilopää even if you're not staying in the hotel there. However, also hotels in Saariselkä will arrange Christmas dinners.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Resort if not part of a package tour.

Thanks. We looked at the website and found it pretty underwhelming to be honest. We just wondered if any one had actually experienced the trip. Plan B is dinner on Xmas eve as you suggest.

3. Re: Santa Resort if not part of a package tour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:18