We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

We are taking a little one with us on 8th December, he will be almost 21 months old and I was told by Thomsons on Facebook that they will provide thermal suit etc for him as long as he is over 2ft 8ins tall (he is about 2ft 9ins) , asked in the travel agents today about it and they didn't have a clue.

Just wondered if anybody on here could help me? Has anyone been with Thomson?

Also any tips on keeping a toddler warm enough? this is my biggest worry that he will get cold, how long should he be outside at a time?

Thanks

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

There are really no time limits. Everything depends on clothing, you should dress him/her in the same way as yourself. I.e. with several thin layers. Locals put their babies to nap outside even in cold weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21537988 . If your child is active and moves around you'll need less layers than if he/she is only going to sit in a pram and is being pushed around. Minimum three layers: base, warming and outer most layer, at least two pairs of socks (normal + woollen socks, also warm panties would be good for boys, too), warm mittens, balaclava + hat covering ears and a scarf. For prams or sledge you should also have blankets or a sleeping bag where you can wrap him/her when being pushed/pulled around.

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

My granddaughter was 20 months when we took her last year. Lots of good quality layers kept her snug. M&S do great thermal vests and leggins plus she then had normal leggings and long sleave top plus a really warm snowsuit over. Mittens not gloves scarf hat and snow boots. Took forever getting her ready to go out but she never felt cold either playing in the snow ir in her pram.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

Zam 72 thank you for your advice and for the link, that was an interesting article, I remember babies being out outside to sleep when I was young, my Mum did it with me, we lived in Scotland so was fairly cold.

TinkerBelinda, thank you for your advice, I work for M&S so will get him the thermals from there and get us some too, How is preston? I went to school there, lived in Chorley lol

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

We live between preston and chorley and my children went to school in chorley too. Working for m&s is ideal!TThey were good quality and kept her warm. Have fun but I know you will as you cannot go and not have a great time, its magical!

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

I'm sure we will have a fantastic holiday, got 2 sets of M&S thermals for him which should be perfect and got his 2 polo neck jumpers and 2 thin fleeces from Mountain Warehouse so he should be fine. Got him some snow boots as well in case theirs don't fit, just need to sort ourselves out now!!

Edited: 14 November 2013, 13:26
6. Re: Thermals for a toddler from Thomson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:17